Siemens Logistics LLC is a provider of logistic industry products and solutions. The business comprises a comprehensive portfolio in mail & parcel logistics and automation, airport logistics with baggage handling and air cargo, as well as service offerings supporting our customers with maintenance, operation and optimization. Our customers are airports & airlines, courier express parcel providers, the US Postal Service and commercial postal service providers.
In this role, the Training Manager will be responsible for formulating, developing and implementing the training and development strategy and associated programs within the Customer Service Group to meet the needs and growth of the business. The manager will serve as the functional leader for training development and delivery within the group. He/she will collaborate with key groups, such as Engineering, Technical Support and Product management, in order to develop high caliber training content for external and internal customers. The manager will design and manage multiple performance-based training programs and content projects, with detailed delivery methods, scope, and timelines. He/she will also conduct gap and needs analyses, as needed, to further enhance the training services provided to our customers.
The candidate must be hands on, solutions oriented and able to multi-task. He/she must be able to understand and discuss technical product information and be able to translate that information into training content for various types of customers. Candidate must also be able to deliver training content in order to meet the needs of the growing business.
• Responsible for the development of digital content for instructor led, online and blended learning experiences for product and logistical customer support
• Lead the creation of learning solutions utilizing online/eLearning modules, mobile compatible apps, job aids, online tutorials, multimedia products (video, graphic, audio) and other training methods
• Continuously develop and refine training program to ensure industry leading material and presentation that drives Service Excellence for all customers
• Deliver professional technical training in classroom, on location, conference calls, virtual workshops or one / one coaching sessions in a professional and engaging manner
• Leverage influencing capabilities to drive training and development activities across business units, utilizing common approaches and resources where possible for both internal and external customers
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Instructional Design, English, Communications, Business, or experience with many courses taken in Instructional Design and project management
• At least 8 years proven Curriculum Development/Instructional Design experience in a technical environment
• At least 5 years technology experience, preferable with electro-mechanical products
• Applicable knowledge of content development in an LMS (Success Factors, SABA, etc.,) and use of graphic design software and tools (Adobe Captivate , Articulate Storyline, Prime LMS, FrameMaker, RoboHelp, Premiere Pro, Presenter, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
• Experience developing high quality interactive eLearning modules
• Experience using content management systems (CMS), Basic HTML, and Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Capable of collaborating with engineers and technical SMEs in order to turn technical information into effective learning content
• Strong leadership and attention to detail skills
• Experience in material handling or similar industry is preferred
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Must be able to stand, walk and climb stairs in manufacturing environment
• May require frequent travel up to 50%
The typical candidate should possess a minimum of five (5) years of successful experience in a related role demonstrating a firm grasp of the objectives /skills / experience outlined above.
Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Logistics LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.