Reliable network communications are a critical necessity for monitoring and managing increasingly complex transportation infrastructures. Knowing what is happening and where, from tracking buses and trains on their routes, to locating and addressing stalled vehicles, to connecting drivers with important information about road and traffic conditions – effective traffic management demands intelligent transportation systems. Siemens ITS currently supports every major city, county, and MDoT with our traffic controller technology in the State of Michigan. Siemens is the market leader in connected vehicle (V2i) solutions and will be making a significant investment in the state of Michigan with these solutions.
Technical Sales Applications Engineer; Midwest; Intelligent Traffic Solutions (ITS). This new role supports the sales growth and technical requirements for all ITS activity in the State of Michigan. As a senior technical subject matter expert supporting customer opportunities, you will own day to day customer relationships (exceeding their expectations) through innovating solutions. You will need expert knowledge of traffic controller and central systems ITS solutions (controller HW, SW, TMS, V2i, and adaptive solutions) and you must have the ability to present and train technical solutions to end users.
In this role, you will lead client presentations, articulating the value proposition of product / solution / service offerings. You will also perform important areas of standard professional level work that typically requires processing and interpreting, more complex, less clearly-defined issues.
Must be located in Michigan.
- Primary account ownership of 10-15 customers located in Michigan
- Partner with local sales lead in support of all revenue opportunities with assigned accounts
- Be the primary customer contact for identifying new business opportunities
- Be the primary customer contact to assure complete customer satisfaction
- Act as technical sales lead on controller HW, SEPAC, TMS, V2i, and adaptive solutions including generation and review of requirements and design documents
- Perform NEMA Cabinet configuration and setup including traffic controller timing, plug-ins, and installation support
- Present technical presentations for customers to explain the benefits of Siemens ITS solutions.
- Leads customer meetings and presentations.
- Support proposal responses by reviewing RFP requirements, designing and describing technical solutions, and other written documentation as necessary to support proposal generation efforts
- Keep up to date with the industry and gather market and competitor intelligence in the area of ITS solutions
- Present at regional and national conferences on Siemens ITS technology and solutions
- Provide specialized technical training to customer and distributor staff
Competencies required for this job include:
- BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
- Demonstrates knowledge in field of specialization or multiple disciplines to the successful completion of complex assignments. Successfully serves as point of contact of technical knowledge for area of expertise.
- 5+ years experience with traffic controller HW, SW, TMS, and adaptive solutions
- Able to translate user requirements into effective system designs using appropriate ITS technology
- A technical background with demonstrable experience in:
- traffic signal control systems (M60, SEPAC)
- TMS (TACTICS)
- Adaptive (SCOOT, ACS Lite, Peer to Peer)
- MDOT Cabinet Configuration and setup
- Knowledgeable in industry standards
- Excellent problem solving skills and able to develop new and innovative ideas / solutions
- Experience in business and commercial development
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex issues concisely
- Flexibility to manage diverse workload.
- Ability to work both as part of a sophisticated multi-disciplinary team as well as possessing the ability to work independently to solve problems.
- Member of relevant professional institution
- Self-motivated, but also a team player.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
-A competitive base salary
-Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, and 18 days of PTO to start
-Extensive training along with career development
We aim to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Technical Sales Application Engineer with Siemens ITS, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.