Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Job Title: Laboratory Informatics Specialist (field based)
Job Location: Southhaven, MS or Memphis, TN
Company Vehicle provided also for personal use.
The Laboratory Informatics Specialist (LIS) will be typically dedicated to one specific MegaLab customer account, providing on-site support for Siemens automation and middleware solutions. The LIS will also be responsible for providing dedicated, on-site customer support for system configuration, which includes pre-installation, installation, training, troubleshooting and post-implementation support of Siemens Healthineers’ middleware and automation products. The LIS will support multiple operational shifts including on-call rotations.
The areas of responsibilities are to work closely with on-site Siemens Healthineers’ management, first, second and third-shift employees. The MegaLab customer-dedicated, on-site LIS must respond to difficult on-site system problems. The LIS will be integral to the planning of an installation, instrument setup and training of on-site, customer lab personnel.
The AIC will routinely interact directly with customers including Laboratory Managers, Supervisors and IT Administrators as well as external Laboratory Information System vendors and 3rd party middleware companies.
The following are the core responsibilities for the LIS position
• Assist in meeting business objectives
• Pre-installation and installation support
• Hospital enterprise IT and security
• Laboratory Information System (LIS) interface communication
• Network security and connectivity agreement
• Customer specific workflow decisions that will determine system configuration
• Implementation activities including software installation
• Network setup
• Application configuration
• Performing verification and acceptance testing
• Training of lab personnel
• Post-implementation support activities (on-site and remote)
• Follows the Siemens Diagnostics escalation process
• Perform software upgrades
• Attending meetings/conference calls
• Complying with Siemens quality/regulatory policy
• Able to independently solve problems and troubleshoot to resolve software malfunctions
• Responds positively and appropriately to challenge with minimal assistance
• Seeks guidance from appropriate personnel if needed
• Understands the implication of change, adapts quickly and adjusts appropriately
• Develops a technical support network within Siemens to achieve results
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• BS Computing or Information Technology, or Engineering
• Healthcare IT, security, and data privacy
• Computer Hardware: physical ports (Serial, Parallel, RJ-X, PS/2, VGA, USB, SATA, IDE); Serial-to-USB Converters; Memory; NICs; Hard Drives; Optical Drives; Printer Installation; UPS
• Computer Software: BIOS; Logical Ports (Well Known, Registered, Dynamic/Private, COM); Client OS vs. Server OS; Workgroups vs. Domains; NIC, Web Browser, RAID configurations; Back-up and Recovery
• Windows: XP; Windows7+ Server2kx; Name Resolution; Local User and Group management; Administrative Tools; Troubleshooting Utilities
• Physical Network concepts: MAC Addressing; LANs; WANs; switching; Internet access technologies
• Logical network concepts: IP Addressing; VLANs; Routing; Packets; Subnets
• Network Infrastructure: DNS; DHCP; Active Directory; Proxy Servers
• Remote Access technologies: RDP; VNC; VPN
• Security concepts: Encryption; Authentication; Certificates; HIPAA; HITECH; Firewalls; DMZ; HTTPS
• Application Architecture: Thick Client vs. Thin Client, Java, XML, Web Services, Databases
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of network architecture models (OSI, TCP/IP) and theory
• Possess communication and computer skills, as well as exceptional interpersonal and customer interaction skills
• Effectively communicate and interact with multiple business functions and management levels
• Strong complex problem solving skills and the ability to translate technical issues into non-technical terms
• Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time, accept responsibility and prioritize without significant management intervention
• Professional attitude, comfortable working in a large corporate setting populated with diverse types of people, maintain poise and a sense of humor in stressful situations, ability to accept change
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Industry certifications such as A+, Network+, Security+, MCP, Healthcare IT Technician, etc. or potential to obtain within six months
• Cloud technologies: SaaS, DaaS, IaaS (including virtualization), etc.
• Business skills, including project management, and financial analysis (i.e. ROI, NPV, etc.) to determine impact and value of projects and innovations to business
• Laboratory experience such as MT or MLT and training experience within a Healthcare environment.
• Computer Software: BIOS; Logical Ports (Well Known, Registered, Dynamic/Private, COM); Client OS vs. Server OS; Workgroups vs. Domains; NIC, Web Browser and RAID configurations; MySQL and Linux Back-up and Recovery
• Windows: XP, 7; Server2kx; Name Resolution; NTFS permissions; Registry; local Group Policy; Local User and Group management; Administrative Tools; Troubleshooting Utilities.
• Physical Network concepts: MAC Addressing; Encapsulation; VPN; LANs; VLANs; WANs; switching; bridging; Internet access technologies; ARP
• Security concepts: CIA; Encryption; Authentication; Certificates; HIPAA; Firewalls; DMZ; HTTPS
• Must have a clean driving record over the past three years
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.