Siemens Corporation is a U.S. subsidiary of Siemens AG, a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure – Creating Environments that Care
Smart Infrastructure intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries, enhancing the way we live and work to significantly improve efficiency and sustainability.
Making real what matters: Humans care. We want an urban, sustainable, livable world that optimally combines real and digital solutions. We address infrastructure challenges, contributing to sustainable development and creating the best possible environments in which to live and work.
With smart infrastructure from Siemens, we intelligently connect energy systems, buildings and industries to adapt and evolve the way we live and work. We create an ecosystem that intuitively responds to the needs of people and helps us to better use resources. It helps our customers to thrive and communities to progress.
Digital Grid Business Unit
The Digital Grid Business Unit is the leading global supplier of products, systems, solutions, and services. We ensure reliable, secure, affordable energy supply in a decentralizing, decarbonizing, digitalizing and all-electrifying energy world. Electrical energy makes the world go round. No matter where power comes from or where it has to go, we make sure it makes it’s way – every step of the way!
Digital Grid key portfolio element include substation automation, protection, metering & communications; grid control; smart grid applications, analytics & IoT offerings; grid planning and simulation.
We are headquartered in Minneapolis, MN with major locations in Foster City, CA; Schenectady, NY; Houston, TX; Fairfax, VI, and Wendell, NC. No relocation is required.
Siemens Digital Grid – Ahead of the Challenge – Ahead of the Change!
If you are looking for a career that will contribute to shaping the future of tomorrow, that will impact the sustainability of the energy industry, with work side by side the brightest minds in the industry let’s talk!
Scope of the Position
We seek a professional Sales Manager for Grid Simulation with a proven track record who will be responsible for leading and managing a team of Area Sales Executives and Technical promoters across the US, who sell and promote the complete portfolio of PSS® Products and Solutions. This position will be responsible to drive business growth to achieve corporate targets, interface and coordinate with the Siemens Power System Sales team, and must be familiar with power system planning (Transmission load flow, Distribution load flow, Transfer Analysis, short-circuit, Network Model Management, etc).
Additionally, the Sales Manager will be responsible for driving business development and product marketing efforts along with market placement and recognition of the PTI’s industry leading power system (i.e. PSS®) software portfolio to solutions in power markets.
- Defines critical regional product and cross-portfolio product integration requirements to maintain the customer base, increase license sales, and enable bundled sales. Drives related strategic solution opportunities.
- Develops and enables the execution of portfolio regional growth initiatives, campaigns, sales strategies, account plans and project implementation guidance and management
- Manages the SW Group, provides continuous dialog to motive employees for success
- Proactively steers and supports regional DG SW sales and SPSS in complex deal negotiations
- Maintains total portfolio pipeline and sales KPIs / forecast
- Supports & catalyzes the local launch / roll-out of new/expanded portfolio offerings
- Establish and maintain deep relationships with strategic customers in their region
- Establish and maintain deep relationships with the various sales and solutions channels – both internal and external (e.g. with SPSS, Advanta, industry consultants)
- Maintain understanding of the local market for their region and implications on portfolio
- Engage with global sales and product management to ensure local activities fit into the global picture and supports strategic/critical regional needs
- Represents region in determining global development priorities with development
- Sets targets and quotas for sales executives
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- BS/BA degree in related discipline or advanced degree
- 8 years of prior experience in tech sales or business development manager with ability to learn core value propositions of simulation and data-driven software products
- Has a strong consulting background in grid simulation products/environments
- Can persistently “think customer” and “customer value focus” in areas that are typically new to customers
- Has the ability to work in new environments in a “start-up”-like fashion
- Shows proven leadership abilities around
- Proactively owning and focusing on growing order intake
- Forming & leveraging strong relationships with employees and customers
- Driving opportunities to closure
- Ensuring delivery with customer satisfaction
- Must have the ability to travel 40% of time
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.