Job title: Software Engineer (Application Specialist)
Siemens founded the new business unit Siemens Advanta (formerly known as Siemens IoT Services) on April 1, 2019 with its headquarter in Munich, Germany. It has been crafted to unlock the digital future of its clients by offering end-to-end support on their outstanding digitalization journey. Siemens Advanta is a strategic advisor and a trusted implementation partner in digital transformation and industrial IoT with a global network of more than 8000 employees in 10 countries and 21 offices. Highly skilled and experienced specialists offer services which range from consulting to craft & prototyping to solution & implementation and operation – everything out of one hand!
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they have to understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation means – trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange – discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our Digitalization Technology and Services (DTS) team based in Bangalore and enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories!
This is your role. What part will you play?
- You will be SPOC for Power users concerning the related applications, Perform 1st and 2nd level support
- Check incoming service tickets, forward them to the related developer, if applicable, and find the best possible solution for the customer
- Forward Change Requests to the application DMB (Demand Management Board)
- Build Document and report outages, Analyze outages and perform measures in order to avoid issues in the future Authorize users
- Perform application specific configurations, Implement re-organizations in application
- Perform integration tests (also on the level of web services), Perform compatibility testing (before new o/s, hardware, NW, security patches are required to be implemented in the application servers)
- Develop Knowledge base and lessons learned documents
- Support user acceptance tests, Maintain application-related documentation (SPOT, FACTS and ESOA Wiki)
- Carry out performance analysis in case of error in related tools, Service Monitoring - Check log files and supervising outputs, Identify measures to optimize the application service
- Lead licenses & Handle functional users, (only configuration updates, no implementation)
- Run quality (ensure compliance processes), Execute security measures (CERT, ACP, Info Sec)
You must have Qualification: BE / B.Tech / MCA / ME / M.Tech with minimum 3+ Jira and Confluence with 1st and 2nd level application support
- Experience in International client handling experience with Analytic capabilities, ability to learn quickly and interpersonal skills
- Analytic capabilities, ability to learn quickly and interpersonal skills, Abstraction capability and logical thinking
- Experience working on MS-Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint), knowledge in databases, reporting
- Social competence: the ability to work in teams and proficient English in a business environment. Customer-focused behavior, proactive action and initiative, Capability to collaborate with responsibility and respect
- Current know-how in web-based applications and IT architecture/distributed systems
- Willingness to travel to Germany for knowledge transfer
- We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the craft of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time