We are looking for a talented Senior Design Automation Scientist with deep know-how and interest in Data Science, who would like to join our Design and Representation System (DRS-US) Research Group of the “Simulation and Digital Twin” Technology Field, in the Tri-state area!
We need your help to build the world's most advanced modeling, simulation and optimization technology stack for large scale AI-driven engineering and manufacturing toolchains, in collaboration with our partner startups, leading academic institutions and government agencies. We're currently bringing onboard talented scientist like you to research and build our AI, ML, NLP and Knowledge Graph pipelines to support our projects. Our goal is eventually to model how engineers understand and solve the most complex design challenges through studying how their represent requirements, document their design of experiments and devise solutions from prior knowledge and pre-existing documentation!
In this role, you will:
- Contribute to the Research Group’s strategy and roadmap in the field of modelling and performance prediction, in close interaction with the Research Group Head and Principal Key Expert
- Lead the development of AI and NLP techniques within the team for design and optimization of industrial systems and processes
- Maintain and grow the existing network with academia and research community.
- Identify, evaluate and implement new AI and NLP techniques to in collaboration with technology startups, leading academic institutions and government agencies
- Communicate complex ideas and testing results effectively, both orally and in writing, and provide recommendations and support to internal engineering teams through accurate and effective written documentation
- Build Siemens-internal network to acquire and lead research projects to advance the technology and secure innovation
- Participate and lead projects with Siemens businesses, including research & development as well as technical consulting
- Collaborate with others, both within and outside Siemens, to develop successful research proposals for external funding that align with Siemens strategic direction
- Assist developing brand recognition externally by networking with industry experts, attending conferences and partnering with universities in the US
Qualified candidates will have:
- PhD in engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, or equivalent, with 6+ years of related experience, with a well-established research track record as demonstrated by publications
- 5+ years of supervisory or project management experience leading projects in an R&D environment
- Strong publication track record in top conferences
- Outstanding coding skills in Python, R, C++ and ability to write high quality code, “code it right the first time”
- Familiarity with NLP/ML tools and packages like Caffe, pyTorch, TensorFlow, Weka, scikit-learn, nltk, et al
- In-depth knowledge of machine learning algorithms and ability to apply them in data driven natural language processing systems, (e.g. RNNs, CNNs, LSTM, etc..)
- Strong mathematical fundamentals, including but not limited to linear algebra, numerical methods and optimization
- Experience in implementing lifelong learning algorithms, interfacing with IR and NLP pipelines and capable of extracting semantics from text and abstracting concepts via probabilistic graphical networks
- Established networks within US academia/research institutions including public funded project proposal writing
- Good communication and organization skills, with a logical approach to problem solving, good time management and task prioritization skills, with motivation to learn and use new technologies, work under uncertainty at fast pace, and ability to multitask and make key contributions to several projects
Successful candidate must be able to work with controlled technology in accordance with US Export Control Law. US Export Control laws and applicable regulations govern the distribution of strategically important technology, services and information to foreign nationals and foreign countries. Siemens may require candidates under consideration for employment opportunities to submit information regarding citizenship status to allow the organization to comply with specific US Export Control laws and regulations. Additional information on the US Export Control laws & regulations can be found onhttps://www.bis.doc.gov/index.php/policy-guidance/deemed-exports/deemed-exports-faqs
We want to provide our customers with Innovative Design solutions and propose intelligent representations for faster and smarter manufacturing systems. Our team is to become the perfect companions for engineers in need to accelerate by 1000x their workflows. Our mission is to free engineers from the burden of repetitive and non-creative tasks and allow them to truly explore the immensity of their design spaces, efficiently and with confidence in the results. We want to be “Your manufacturing twin”: Simulating your process from raw material choice to manufacturing plan.
Our research team is located in beautiful Princeton, NJ, a university town packed with exceptional international talent that provides a unique feel of this true cultural gem in the state. The town has plenty of activities to offer, but for those looking for more, at just about 1h drive we have NYC or Philadelphia. We have the best public schools in the country and all of the above glued together by a very active and welcoming community.
As Siemens’ central Research & Development department, we embrace this community. Our core mission is to support our Siemens business units as a central knowledge hub for all cybersecurity capabilities globally. We research and develop new and innovative solutions, based on much-needed deep technical expertise, and our network with internal and external experts and academia. This allows us to invent new solutions and approaches and verify their feasibility in the “real world” together with the product development teams of our business units – creating a stimulating setup for quick innovation cycles and rapid prototyping.
We also offer a generous remote working environment as well as robust health and wellness benefits to promote healthy living and support the best lifestyle for you and your family.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
We are more than employees; we are actively helping to make people’s lives a little better every day. Would you like to be a part of that? Then join us. We offer you a high level of practical relevance as well as an opportunity to individually contribute your knowledge and your visions around the world. Whether you’re helping to develop products for the operating units or working in interdisciplinary projects for the business areas: At Siemens Technology you’ll be working in the heart of Siemens’ technological research together with the best.
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.