Siemens Healthineers is hiring a Director of Strategic and Portfolio Planning. The incumbent will work closely with the Head of Strategic and Portfolio Planning to develop, communicate and track implementation of the overall Healthcare strategy, spanning topics in portfolio management, M&A, technology innovation, and business operations.
This a highly visible role within Siemens Healthineers that requires top-notch presentation and communication skills, strong executive presence and keen strategic intuition. The role functions as a key interface between the Siemens Healthineers Corporate organization and its Business Areas, Business Horizontals and Regions and facilitates alignment of the Siemens Healthineers corporate strategy with the business and commercial strategies. The selected candidate will play a leadership role in implementing and managing a corporate-wide process for the development, execution, and regular tracking of business and commercial strategies and milestone achievement. The selected candidate will also assist the Head of Strategic and Portfolio Planning in leading special projects across Siemens Healthineers to inform decision making for the Healthineers Managing Board and Managing Team. The role will also support portfolio strategy development and execution through the identification and realization of new growth opportunities in cross-business, adjacent and white space markets through organic investment, venturing and/or M&A.
Specific Responsibilities of the Director of Strategic Planning are
· Supports in formulation of overall Healthineers Corporate strategy as well as Business Area, Business Horizontal and Commercial Strategy, including go-to-market strategy, product strategy, technology strategy, adjacency/white space analysis and competitive analysis
· Provides key input and insight into the analysis of strategic opportunities and challenges for Siemens Healthineers in collaboration with colleagues across the Strategy department
· Interfaces with the Business Area, Business Horizontal and Region Strategy and Business Development teams to assess the strategic fit of external M&A candidates and technology opportunities
· Collaborates with counterparts in the Business Area, Business Horizontal and Region Strategy and Business Development teams to drive strategy formulation and strategic alignment
· Supports execution of the annual corporate strategic planning process while coordinating the inputs with counterparts within the Business Areas, Business Horizontals and Regions
· Performs complex analysis of existing strategy and performance of the Business Areas, Business Horizontals and Regions and provides recommendations for improvements
· Develops strategy communication materials for executive presentations targeting different stakeholder groups
Specific Requirements of the Director of Strategic Planning are
· Deep healthcare industry knowledge
· Strong understanding of healthcare market landscape and the dynamics of the medical device, imaging and/or in-vitro diagnostics industry
· Comprehensive background in strategy development and implementation within the healthcare industry capabilities and skillsets
· Experience in project management exhibited by the ability to lead multiple project workstreams involving several functions in a matrixed organization
· Strong conceptual problem solving skills exhibited by the ability to approach complex, ambiguous business problems and formulate pathways towards a solution from first principles
· Strong quantitative and financial analysis skills
· High degree of flexibility exhibited in a “can do" attitude
· High level of intellectual curiosity, self-motivated to solve difficult issues, continually seeking ways to improve
Education and experience
· Undergraduate Degree and post Graduate Degree (MBA) is required
· A minimum of 3 years of post-MBA experience from a top tier strategy consulting firm is required
· 3 to 5 years of Strategic Marketing / Upstream Marketing experience within the medical device, imaging and/or in-vitro diagnostics industry is preferred
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.