As a member of the team, our Professional Buyer will support all the business units within Flender in all procurement and supply chain matters, ensuring all commodities are on-time delivery.
This position has the overall responsibility for the operational tasks within the procurement process which include:
- Creation and follow-up of purchase orders
- Ensuring on-time delivery
- Resolving accounts payable discrepancies
- Coordinating solution to quality related topics
- Implementing sourcing strategies from Commodity Management team
- Ensuring on-time execution of demand changes and engineering changes
- Maintaining up to date on all relevant fields within ERP system
- Closely monitoring while creating a successful relationship with supply-base
- Sharing and implementing best practices.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 2+ years of progressive purchasing experience for direct materials in manufacturing environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Customer Focus
- Good interpersonal and analytical skills
- Standout colleague
- Able to work under pressure
- Shown ability to balance multiple tasks, prioritize work, and problem solve
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States and will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Knowledge of ISO9001 and other quality standards
- Proficient in SAP, particularly MM module
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Purchasing techniques
- Some travel may be required to visit suppliers
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Flender Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.