At Siemens Healthineers, we are passionate about enabling healthcare professionals to deliver high quality patient care, and to do so affordably. A leading global healthcare company, Siemens Healthineers continues to strengthen our portfolio of medical imaging and laboratory diagnostics, while adding new offerings such as managed services, consulting, and healthcare IT services – as well as further technologies in the growing market for therapeutic and molecular diagnostics.
In this newly-created position reporting to the Head of Enterprise Services (ES), Americas, the Vice President, Diagnostics Business Development – Enterprise Services will be a senior leader within the Enterprise Services, Americas team. This role is the leader of the invitro diagnostics business for the North America ES business. Enterprise Services focuses on large and complex projects and new models of partnership in care delivery leveraging the entire Siemens portfolio and partnership ecosystem. This role will design and implement go to market models for the invitro diagnostics business within Enterprise Services for North America. This role will work closely with sales leadership from Enterprise services, global leaders from ES, senior leadership of the diagnostic laboratory business unit, strategic corporate accounts and the field team.
The position will have responsibility for both the strategy and business development function. Enterprise services is the global entrepreneur within Siemens and this is truly an entrepreneurial role to leverage the entire Siemens portfolio in order to build and collaborate with leading provider organizations around their laboratory strategy. Siemens has the number 1 market share in invitro diagnostics and this position will build a solution with services, AI, consulting and digital to drive innovative and market leading partnerships with healthcare delivery organizations.
What You’ll Do
· Own and develop invitro diagnostics go to market approach for Enterprise Services.
- Work closely with field organizations and customers in order to identify opportunities and build solutions.
· Trusted advisor to executive leadership in the development and implementation of strategic objectives for Invitro diagnostic solution within Enterprise Services. Provide internal consulting on critical/strategic business questions and drive initiatives across the company.
- Explore, analyze, structure, and implement strategic plans that significantly impact top- and bottom-line growth.
· Cultivate strong and collaborative cross-functional partnerships with peers and key stakeholders which ensure organization alignment and the achievement of corporate strategy and corporate development objectives.
- Evaluate growth opportunities in new geographic markets, coordinating across departments.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Science or Business discipline required; Advanced degree - MBA and/or advanced Life Sciences degree (MD, PhD) strongly preferred.
· 15+ years progressive experience with healthcare delivery organizations, and/or consulting environments with minimum 5 years proven executive leadership or principal level consultant
- Strong understanding of healthcare landscape and the dynamics of the in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics industries is required.
- Customer Focused: Keeps patients, payers and physicians front and center in daily work and collaborates to solve critical scientific and business challenges; listens with empathy to respond to current needs and to develop the foresight to anticipate future needs; drives success through win-win outcomes.
- High level of intellectual curiosity, self-motivated to solve difficult issues, continually seeking ways to improve
- Bring clarity to ambiguous situation.
- Pioneering. Challenges the status quo and experiments to create new possibilities; takes calculated risks and learns from failure; resilient and navigates through ambiguity with determination to innovate; encourages candor to test assumptions and uncover the best ideas; is open about what s/he does not know and asks questions to understand.
- Making Complex Decisions. Great at gleaning meaning from whatever data is available. Is a quick study. Able to see multiple futures and solutions. Adds personal wisdom and experience to come to the best solution given the situation.
- Keeping on Point. Can quickly separate the mission critical from the nice to haves and the trivial. Quickly senses the next most useful thing to work on; focuses on the critical tasks that really add value.
- Well Organized and Resourceful. Effective and efficient at marshaling multiple resources to get things done. Able to get things done with less in less time. Foresees and plans around obstacles.
- Getting Work Done Through Others. Manages people well. Gets the most / best out of people. Sets and communicates goals; measures accomplishments; holds people accountable and keeps people informed.
- Accountable. Sets clear, aligned and measurable objectives to drive results; directly communicates expectations and defines clear roles and responsibilities; honors commitments and delivers on goals; assumes responsibility for both the positive and negative impacts of actions and decisions.
- Flexibility. Can do attitude with high energy and driven to realize results. Comfortable with “roll-up-the-sleeves” culture where individual accountability for team success is important
- Inclusive. Embraces and leverages differences to foster an inclusive community, both internally and externally; collaborates across teams; breaks down siloes and encourages diverse perspectives and backgrounds at all levels to optimize performance; exhibits mutual respect in all interactions and assumes best intent; treats everyone with care and dignity.
- Agile. Decisive and executes with efficiency and discipline; adapts in response to internal changes and external disruptions; develops solutions quickly to take advantage of emerging opportunities; designs and implements processes that enables other to operate nimbly and effectively.
- Ethical, Never compromises integrity; committed to sustaining an environment of trust, honesty and transparency while ensuring appropriate confidentiality; does what s/he says and says what s/he means; takes responsibility for upholding his/her own and Siemens reputation.
- Ability to travel approximately 60% of the time.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.