Siemens Mobility is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods – and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents. Driven by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the increasing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
What are my job responsibilities?
The System & Implementation Engineer reports to the System Manager he is assigned to and is responsible for the following:
- To generate and submit system design document, MOS, test plans and procedures according to the requirement of the allocated railway line.
- To coordinate and make application for enabling of site based migrations and implementations.
- To conduct assembly and configuration of racks based set up.
- To lead and implement site based migration of allocated system.
- To perform and execute the test and commissioning tasks according to the test plan and test procedures.
- Troubleshooting and fault finding of electronic equipment faults, wiring error and crimping error, etc.
- Test and commission according to the test plan and test procedures, record the test results, analyse the test results, analyse the test log, summarize this on the test report, descript any test problems, communicate with the system engineer and close the list of outstanding issues and logs
- To conduct first level fault find electronic systems and report back results and any systemic issues
- Interfacing with other parts of the Siemens Mobility organization to try to improve the design and tools as much as possible to keep the overall system efficient and economical to deliver.
- Identify and report any defects or variations from the specification
- Report completion of the testing activities in line with the planned timeline and procedure.
- Ensure that "Best Practice" is adopted and that quality of workmanship is always maintained to the highest possible standards.
- Liaise with the Manager on all site related activities.
- To provide weekly and ad-hoc progress reports to the Manager
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
What do I need to qualify for this role?
- Diploma, Bachelors Degree in Electrical/Electronic or Telecommunications Engineering
- Diploma/Degree in other related disciples will be considered
- Experience in software and electronic tools, and prior railway experience is preferred.
- Hand-on experience on assembly and test tools (soldering, crimping tools, multimeters, oscilloscope), 2-3 years relevant experience.
- Experience in railway comms experience will be an added advantage.
- Positive attitude and willing learner
- Good problem solving skill and analytical thinking
- Willingly to work at Night/Engineering (when the railway shut down for maintenance work) Hours.
- Team player who is analytical, highly motivated and independent with excellent team spirit and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in the construction of MRT projects will be an advantage.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pte Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time