As HSE Professional you will drive the Zero Harm Culture @ Siemens in The Netherlands. Making sure that we are all safe at work and that our colleagues return to their family and friends healthy. You will define a long term HSE strategy together with the main stakeholders in the company.
“We make real what matters”
You as our HSE Professional will be reporting directly to Joanne Meyboom, Head of Siemens Smart Infrastructure in The Netherland, and will actively work together with both local and international colleagues. For certain governance related topics you will report to the CEO.
At Siemens our work in the Environment, Health and Safety department involves making sure that we have a risk-based and hands-on approach to HSE. We must comply with rules and regulations on health and safety, and surely policy, processes and quality systems are important. At Siemens, we firmly believe that managing safety comes down to being on the job, the workplace or the project location when it matters. Especially when high risk work is being performed. We believe in looking out for each other. You will be responsible for:
- Defining a long term HSE strategy together with the main stakeholders in the company and the needs within our country;
- Helping with having the HSE framework of the businesses (and the implementation thereof) internally and externally audited and verified;
- Work place visits and investigations, to resolve and improve the safety;
- Maintain an effective and efficient HSE management framework, including policy, budget, year plans, programs, monitoring and reporting;
- You maintain relations with international colleagues at headquarters and certain regulatory and government agencies in the Netherlands in close collaboration with your colleagues.
“What does this role feel like?”
On any given day you will visit a worksite or project location, where Siemens colleagues are working. You will give direct feedback, based on your experience and expertise to individuals or engage with management.
Later that day you could have a call with a supplier that is working with us. In a telco with our international headquarter you discuss the focus points for health management for the next year. One of the HSE professionals in the business calls you to discuss the quarterly reporting and analysis for HSE. Together you prepare the report and accents as advise towards the management team of her business line. In between appointments you stop by our barista at the office for a freshly brewed coffee.
“What do you need to make real what matters?”
- You have (at least) a technical mbo 4 (secondary vocational) degree and a “Hogere Veiligheidskunde” (HVK or safety engineering) certificate;
- You have at least five years’ experience as an HSE professional in a comparable industry (electro technical, infrastructural and/or construction);
- You have experience in the Netherlands but also abroad;
- You do not need hierarchy to convince and empower people;
- You have experience with setting up safety management systems;
- Certificate and experience with ” Arbeids Hygiene” and “Veiligheids ladder” (of Prorail) is appreciated;
- You are able to address unsafe working conditions professionally, on all levels of the organization;
- You are proficient with (digital) technology and know how to apply digital technology in order to achieve higher safety on our jobs.
- Expert knowledge of Dutch rules and regulations, as well as the actual practice on health and safety in the Dutch context. Certified in several areas like VCA, ATEX and NEN 3140
- Proficiency in Dutch and English is a must for this position;
- Willing to travel.
“We have quite a lot to offer, but what’s in it for you?”
- A good salary;
- 27 days' holiday and 13 ttc days "working time reduction" (ADV) days per year;
- You will be part of an international network;
- Continuous development opportunities thanks to our training offer.
“We don’t need superheroes, but super minds” – We're looking for you!
Don't wait any longer: click the "Apply" button now - we really want to meet you! If you have any questions, please contact Kim Bouwmeester, +31683102470
Siemens is an equal opportunity employer.
Screening and an assessment are part of the application procedure.
Please do not make use of this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity, we do not work with agencies.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Nederland N.V.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time