Strategic Student Program (SSP)
Discover your career with us at Siemens Digital Industries Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We’re currently recruiting co-ops for our Spring 2021 Strategic Student Program. Our student positions will allow you to find a career path that most inspires you. Here, you will apply your education to solve real-world problems, and turn theory into practice. At Siemens, our goal is to empower our students to become the next leaders of our company.
We have positions available in software development, user experience, data management, technical marketing, global technical customer support, and research & design.
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or masters level student
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Authorized to work in the United States without the need for current or future sponsorship by the company
- Preferred sophomore or junior status
- Able to work from Houston, TX without relocation assistance
- Virtual work to be offered if offices are still closed due to the pandemic
- Paid volunteer time off
- Employee discounts at our top customer sites
- Networking with our global leaders
- Mentorship from senior engineers
- Individual career development planning
- Professional and technical workshops
- Energetic student community
- Leadership opportunities
- Potential for full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program
Pre-sales Application Engineer
Activities & Responsibilities:
- Participate actively in the software sales process to engage customers to adopt our software solutions for Process Industries
- Engage with potential and existing customers to understand customer needs and high-level requirements
- Support product and solution positioning by preparing and delivering presentations of technical capabilities of our products
- Explore the potential of our solutions creating tailor made applications fitting to the customer needs
- Gather customer technical requirements, understand existing information technology infrastructure and define customer’s technical needs as part of the sales effort
- Support the selection of appropriate suites of technology and propose developments that would improve customer process
- Build and deliver pilots projects and business cases for project approvals
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or master’s student studying Computer Science, Chemical/Electrical and Computer Engineering or Engineering Design.
- Desired knowledge in Process Industries
- Presentation Skills
- Good verbal and written communication
- Ability to work remotely with team members and customers
- Use of popular social media platforms required, especially LinkedIn
- Strong analytical skills, able to identify and communicate solutions and recommendations
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Flexible, adaptable and proactive
- Technically proficient in Microsoft required
- Entrepreneurial approach and spirit
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Part-time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.