- The DCS/MES Lead Project Engineer is responsible for leading the execution of customer projects according to defined standards, engineering practices and customer requirements in the field of process automation under the direction of the assigned Project Manager.
- The DCS/MES Lead Project Engineer executes projects utilizing SIMATIC PCS 7, SIMATIC PCS neo, and Siemens Opcenter Execution Pharma primarily in the Pharmaceutical, Chemical and Food & Beverage industries.
- identify areas for improvement and support execution of the improvement process; act as a mentor and share best practices and experience with the engineering staff
- The position reports to the Engineering Manager within the Process Automation & Engineering Business
- The position is located in Harleysville, PA. (Greater Philadelphia Area)
- Develops industry-specific solution concepts, packages, and templates for engineering under the direction of the assigned Project Manager
- Understand user requirements using P&IDs, process description and/or existing control logic
- Develops software and/or hardware functional requirements and design specifications
· Leads the project team in performing acceptance tests, system installation and commissioning activities on site
- Maintain responsibility for his/her functional area during all project phases
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS/BA in engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- DCS or MES background in the Chemical, Pharmaceutical or Food & Beverage industries, on Siemens based systems (SIMATIC PCS 7, SIMATIC PCS neo or Siemens Opcenter Execution Pharma)
- 8-10 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- Excellent customer interfacing skills
· Domestic Travel will be required approximately 30% of the time.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Fundamental understanding of the Siemens industrial product, solutions, and service portfolio
- Experience with industrial networking, databases and virtual architectures
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.