An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Service Engineer within our Digital Grid business unit in Siemens Smart Infrastructure. We ensure reliable, secure, affordable energy supply in a decentralising, decarbonising, digitalising and all-electrifying energy world.
Working within the Energy Automation Services Team you will be delivering Protection and Control Solutions covering our UK customer base. Working with latest technologies from the Siemens Portfolio with a focus on delivering cyber secure solutions on high and medium voltage substations.
Reporting to the Principal Services Team Leader; you will be responsible for the design and configuration of substation automation equipment, creating and carrying out test procedures, investigating problems / troubleshooting, providing technical support to customers and internal functions (Sales/Tendering), and most importantly promoting Siemens Zero harm Safety Initiative and culture.
What part will you play?
Key to your role will be to complete a broad scope of technical tasks including installation/commissioning, maintenance and evaluation of customers equipment and systems. You will also determine priorities of tasks and actions and schedule measures accordingly.
Other important elements of this opportunity involve:
· Supporting customer remotely and onsite, and provide 2nd and 3rd level user support in case of arising issues
· Working with Siemens secondary automation portfolio (Siprotec/Reyrolle/SICAM RTU/SICAM PAS)
· Familiarity with Siemens internal and customer procedures demonstrating a qualitative and efficient approach to delivery
· Working with UK customers and Siemens business functions to ensure the solutions offered meet the required standards and satisfaction
· Working collaboratively following processes in given portfolio areas. Focusing on identifying improvements and sharing best practice.
· Encouraging feedback, listening and challenging in an open team environment that supports innovation and learning, even when mistakes are made or when difficult issues surface.
What will you bring to the role?
· A minimum qualification of Level 4 Qualification in Electrical Engineering or equivalent level of experience or other relatable qualification.
· Experience with the configuration and testing of substation automation equipment.
· Experience of communication networks (IEC61850, IEC60870, Profibus, Modbus, DNP3)
· Excellent standard of IT literacy – especially Word, Visio and Excel.
· Sound written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills.
· Knowledge and experience of technical standards (IEC/NGTS) would be advantageous
· Experience working on HV Substation protection and control systems would be beneficial
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, annual bonus, 26 days holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all backgrounds. Siemens encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are available in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with you. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section here: [https://new.siemens.com/uk/en/company/jobs/faq.html] or contact the recruiter.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time