This exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Service Engineer within our Digital Grid Energy Automation business unit in Siemens Smart Infrastructure. We ensure reliable, secure, affordable energy supply in a decentralising, decarbonising, digitalising and all-electrifying energy world.
Working within the Energy Automation Services Team you will be delivering Control Solutions covering our UK customer base. Working with the latest technologies from the Siemens Portfolio with a focus on delivering cyber secure solutions on high and medium voltage substations.
Reporting to the Principal Services Team Leader you will be key member of the Services team, delivering secure networked solutions for wide variety of customers. You will be responsible for investigating problems / troubleshooting, providing technical support to customers and internal functions (Sales/Tendering), including commissioning and onsite support and most importantly promoting Siemens Zero harm Safety Initiative and culture.
What part will you play?
• Designing, implementing and commissioning cyber secure networked substation automation systems.
• Preparing Factory/Site Acceptance Test documents and carrying out testing activities.
• Troubleshooting and providing onsite support.
• Provide technical support to customers and internal functions (Sales/Tendering).
• Preparing RAMS, reports and documentation.
• Training customers/staff as required.
• Adhere to all business compliance requirements in line with Company policies, including Business Conduct Guidelines & Confidential Information.
• Promote Siemens Zero harm Safety Initiative and culture.
What will you bring to the role?
• A minimum qualification of Level 4 Qualification in Network Engineering, Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Network Security or equivalent level of experience or other relatable qualification.
• Solid experience in network design and switching & routing technologies.
• Deep knowledge of network security systems and protocols (Firewalls, IDS, IPSec, SSL).
• Sound written, verbal, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of substation automation equipment and communication protocols like IEC61850, IEC60870-5-104, DNP3 would be advantageous.
• Exposure to high availability networks (RSTP, PRP, HSR, VRRP) and trending technologies (NGFW, SDN) would be beneficial.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, annual bonus, 26 days holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all backgrounds. Siemens encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are available in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with you. If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section here: [https://new.siemens.com/uk/en/company/jobs/faq.html] or contact the recruiter.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time