We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide!
We are looking for a dynamic IT M&A Professional to partner with our technology team through the acquisition process. In this results-oriented role you will conduct due diligence to identify commonalities in IT strategies and operations. Through your discernment you understand the business requirements to IT, use your in-depth IT knowledge to collaborate closely with the standing IT organization to ensure timely delivery of projects. An engaged and multinational team will be happy to introduce you in our environment. Join our team and help us crafting environments that care!
Your new responsibilities
- Prepare and execute comprehensive project plans for our IT M&A projects including integration, divestments & due diligence from an IT perspective while maintain business continuity during ongoing IT platform mergers
- Provide proposals as to what systems to retain and what data to[ ]be migrated incl. cost forecasts
- Identify potential obstacles to integration such as incompatible platforms or potential liabilities like underinvestment in technology and cyber security risks
- Consider in-house and off-shored IT knowhow and capabilities to ensure post-integration operational readiness
- Optimizing infrastructure landscapes and determining operating models for the new entity
- Collaborate with SI IT Strategy, Portfolio and Architecture to build a flexible and adaptive IT architecture and focus on few main platforms, that allows smooth integration of new businesses.
- Emphasize availability of standard processes, operating model, tools, and data-management systems to facilitate integration and gain quick synergies
- Awareness of the key legal, regulatory, compliance aspects affecting an M&A transaction and the subsequent implications for IT including cybersecurity regulations
- Act as the IT Business Partner for SI Legal & Compliance
Your skills and experience
- Professional IT experience of more than 4 years gained in IT department of global organization and/or consulting firms
- Good knowledge of the specific technology challenges relevant to IT M&A in global environment, IT network knowledge is considered advantageous
- Very good understanding of global data privacy, export control and IT compliance topics
- Willingness to keep up-to-date with global IT Compliance and M&A standards
- Very good command in English; proficiency in German is strongly desired; additional languages are considered helpful
- Previous Consulting experiences are considered highly advantageous
Who we are
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 295000 minds building the future, one day at a time. We're dedicated to quality and equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. Bring your curiosity and imagination and help us shape tomorrow.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform (‘APPLY NOW’ button). Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your complete application.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Either