We’re looking for a Project Manager with the skills and vision to join Siemens and help us build a better tomorrow. Join our Smart Infrastructure division as a Project Manager and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
You will be responsible for the successful delivery of varied Project values from £10k’s to £1m + covering DNO, industrial and National electrical infrastructure customer sites with life cycles ranging from a few months to year on year contracts. As the lead on the project you will be working with support staff from the operations team, developing delivery strategy for each project to efficiently maximise project performance as tendered or through improved ways of delivery through effective planning and control.
What part will you play?
- Ensure business success with excellent customer satisfaction by delivering the tendered scope safely, to budget, on time and to quality to meet and optimise gross margin expectations and seeking to increase gross margin performance
- Coordinate and manage all procurement, engineering, manufacturing, field resource and sub-contract interfaces for projects under your control
- Fully understand the terms and conditions of all contracts under their control, working with commercial partner as required including effective variation control, including management of customer change requirements, to increase the project scope through effective variation control and to agreed terms & conditions of contract
- Carry out effective contract reviews with finance team including forecasting of financial and resource requirements.
- Facilitate the project life cycle in line with the PM@Siemens processes, establishing project quality controls, throughout the project lifecycle, to the highest standards of compliance for all activities. Providing programs and resource / manpower requirements for site / field resource team.
- Make full use on the non-conformance reporting (NCR) tool ensuring all project related NCR’s are closed out in a timely manner and lessons learned are fed back into the business.
What will you bring to the role?
- Working knowledge of product and services associated with Medium Voltage infrastructure including the Siemens and Reyrolle product portfolio.
- Chartered Engineer or Project Management qualification is preferable
- Competent user of Microsoft Office applications including Project
- Experience and practical application of project management planning methodologies and tools essential.
- Experience of working within the engineering, electrical and/or construction industries
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Smart infrastructure enables the way we want to live – happily, comfortably, sustainably and in harmony. We do this from physical products, components, and systems to connected, cloud-based digital offerings and service. From intelligent grid control and electrification to smart storage solutions, from building automation and control systems to switches, valves, and sensors.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all backgrounds. Siemens encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are available in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexible working requirements with you. And if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to enable you to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know via our FAQ section here: [https://new.siemens.com/uk/en/company/jobs/faq.html].
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time