Siemens SI EP NA IO Central Quality is seeking a Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) leader to support ongoing projects and to align them with the PLM process to ensure all project stakeholders are adapting to upgrades, modifications and other developments throughout the PLM program. The PLM leader is to act as an expert on the PLM program and support Project Managers with process documents, assist with customization realizing the value of a PLM solution, perform project analysis, understand technical requirements and oversee projects from ideation through to completion. The PLM leader monitors project progress and reports the project’s appropriate activities regarding failure prevention and effective actions. The PLM leader acts as a catalyst for continuous improvement in all project phases by communicating Lessons Learned from other projects and through process improvement. This is a senior role in the organization which requires interaction with a range of internal and external stakeholders, excellent communication skills, and a passion for excellence, integrity, innovation, and success. This person will report to the Engineering Quality Manager and will have no direct reports.
• Self-motivated individual who can take the initiative to complete tasks. Strong critical thinking and communication skills. Strong analytical skills to evaluate the information gathered from multiple sources and present complex data in a coherent manner. Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks and prioritize.
• High energy, results oriented, self-motivated / self-reliant, team player.
• High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, friendly demeanor and must be approachable, lead with warmth.
• Outgoing, open minded person and able to motivate a team to go the extra mile.
- Lead Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) program administration for Siemens Smart Infrastructure Electrical Products North America (SI EP NA) business unit.
- Work directly with Siemens Germany (SAG) PLM Management to ensure EP NA is represented in PLM process development, documentation, and maintenance.
- Ensure PLM documents are customized to the needs of EP NA, when required. Assist SAG PLM Manager in English wording of documents.
- Document the PLM process, procedures, and changes; ensure PLM documents are available to the EP NA organization. Communicate updates to EP NA team.
- Identify opportunities for PLM Continuous Improvement, ensure that continuous improvement activities are planned, implemented, & measured. Identify and implement necessary changes to assure program flexibility for different kinds of the projects, and drive process improvement.
- Provide senior technical oversight for Projects activities and resolutions. Proactively support project managers with preparation of project agreements, Quality targets, and Q-Gate documents. Assist in the formulation and implementation of quality assurance procedures, policies, and standards.
- Support the design and execution of data analysis and testing on complex projects. Ensure the - Pre-Launch project quality planning and testing and comprehensive risk management plans are completed for the new product developed.
- Set up new project numbers in SAP, develop project performance tracking system, and monitor status of projects. Prepare periodic reports that provide project status and monthly metrics and make recommendations.
- Provide guidance to complete projects on time. Ensure compliance of projects with PLM documentation. Document change activities and record retention requirements.
- Mentor project managers on PLM processes and forms. Support project management with meetings/communication with Management.
- Collaboratively interact with several engineering teams. Provide periodic training regarding changes and updates to the PLM Process and internal processes.
- Maintain Central Quality websites. Using a variety of tools, inspect websites for on-page, off-page, and technical issues. Have working knowledge of Excel, including the ability to perform pivot tables and vlookups.
What you need for this role:
1. Bachelor's Degree in Engineering required, Master’s degree preferred.
2. 7-10 years’ experience in a R&D and or Project Management role in the electro-mechanical industry required.
3. Excellent knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing is preferred.
4. Experience leading and or facilitating Design of Experiments and Design Failure Modes Effects Analysis is preferred.
5. Professional English skills (written and spoken), strong communication with effective technical writing skills required.
6. Knowledge of German culture and language is very helpful.
7. Flexible interpersonal skills are required. Ability to engage with various levels of stakeholders and team members in remote locations.
8. Advanced computer and website systems skills. Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required. SAP proficiency preferable.
10% Travel - both domestically and internationally.
International travel experience and the capability to operate in foreign cultures required.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.