Siemens Digital Industries Software Inc.
Strategic Student Program (SSP)
Discover your career with us at Siemens Digital Industries Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We’re currently recruiting students for our Spring 2021 Strategic Student Program. Our intern positions will allow you to find a career path that most inspires you. Here, you will apply your education to solve real-world problems, and turn theory into practice. At Siemens, our goal is to empower our students to become the next leaders of our company.
have positions available in software development, user experience, data
management, technical marketing, engineering consulting, and research &
design innovation. More information on our specific roles are included in this
· Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Authorized to work in the United States without the need for future or current sponsorship by the company
- Preferred sophomore or later status
- Able to work from Livonia, MI without relocation assistance
- Paid volunteer time off
- Employee discounts at our top customer sites
- Networking with our global leaders
- Mentorship from senior engineers
- Individual career development planning
- Professional and technical workshops
- Leadership opportunities
- Potential for full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program
Industry Solutions Group
Aerospace and Defense Engineer, Strategy and Marketing
As an intern in the Industry Solutions group, you will have an opportunity to apply and develop your engineering or business education while helping to develop the Siemens strategy to support the Aerospace and Defense (A&D) industry. Your work will be critical to developing a complete understanding of the A&D market for Siemens Digital Industries Software solutions, defining solutions for our customers, and helping to define the go to market strategy for our customers around the globe. You will work with an experienced team of A&D engineering and marketing professionals, and gain real world experience in understanding our solutions, the overall A&D market, and developing business plans and strategies for our company.
· Conduct market research for the Aerospace and Defense industry to identify trends, market opportunities and target accounts in the top countries.
· Identify overall market size of A&D industry in the country and assess potential Siemens DISW market size.
· Create a matrix that identifies existing/new customers, current solutions in use, and growth potential.
· Identify recommendations for growth opportunities, solution development and messaging for large enterprise and small/medium business markets
· Assist in developing solutions for customers through process mapping, competitive assessments and understanding Siemens solutions.
· Attending training for NX MCAD, Capital electrical system design, Teamcenter PLM, Simcenter simulation and analysis, and Solidedge as required
- At least a junior pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in:
- Mechanical, Electrical or Aero Engineering, with a business background
- Business/MBA with engineering background.
- Passionate about aerospace, driven, and proactive
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
· Desire to continuously improve and learn about new areas
- Inspires collaboration
· Experience with Siemens solutions such as NX, Teamcenter, Simcenter, Capital, and Solidedge preferred, but not required
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Part-time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.