Siemens Digital Industries Software Inc.
Strategic Student Program (SSP)
Discover your career with us at Siemens Digital Industries Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We’re currently recruiting students for our Spring 2021 Strategic Student Program. Our intern positions will allow you to find a career path that most inspires you. Here, you will apply your education to solve real-world problems, and turn theory into practice. At Siemens, our goal is to empower our students to become the next leaders of our company.
have positions available in software development, user experience, data
management, technical marketing, engineering consulting, and research &
design innovation. More information on our specific roles are included in this
Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Authorized to work in the United States without the need for future or current sponsorship by the company
- Preferred sophomore or later status
- Able to work from Livonia, MI without relocation assistance
- Paid volunteer time off
- Employee discounts at our top customer sites
- Networking with our global leaders
- Mentorship from senior engineers
- Individual career development planning
- Professional and technical workshops
- Leadership opportunities
- Potential for full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program
Auto Industry Strategy Development Intern
The industry business and strategy development intern will assist the Industry Strategy and Marketing organization in researching, investigating and developing materials supporting critical business trends and strategies. These activities will cover multiple market sectors in the Automotive & Transportation (A&T) industry including OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturer), automotive suppliers, trucks/buses, motorcycles and rail system companies.
Siemens’ technology ecosystem covers large and small companies developing products in the A&T industry. Work will include researching and developing business metrics, financial reports/trends, strategy development, marketing materials, and competitive analysis. The intern should be excited about business aspects of technology applications, collaborate well, be highly organized and detail-oriented as well as self-motivated, goal-oriented and possess good interpersonal communication skills. The intern will champion projects that will:
- · Develop industry strategy and business plan for automotive and transportation industry.
- · Research business and marketing trends in the A&T industry. This includes AV (Autonomous Vehicle), EV (Electric Vehicle), ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems), sustainability, manufacturing and product development processes.
· Utilize available data bases, public and corporate information resources to capture, manage, analyze marketing and financial trends.
· Investigate zone specific information for China, Japan, Korea, Europe markets.
· Develop relationships with partners and champion joint marketing programs.
· Create and edit marketing and business program material
· Investigate new opportunities and recommend new strategies to provide program value to Siemens
· GPA of a 3.0 or higher
· Eligible to work in the U.S. without current or future sponsorship from the company
· MBA candidate is preferred or Senior in undergraduate program
· Has completed or currently enrolled in classes related to Business development, economics, marketing, communications, or related fields
· Major in Business / Marketing / Communications/ Engineering preferred
· Strong, polished oral and written communications skills
· Basic understanding and working experience with Microsoft Office tools
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Part-time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.