Siemens IT Americas supports all IT-related functional and business activities throughout North and South America as well as global Siemens programs and initiatives. The organization is made up of local, regional, and global units that collaborate as OneIT to deliver innovative, world-class IT solutions to our business. Siemens Corp., IT Americas (CTR AM) organization is seeking a qualified intern candidate to support its regional IT Communications and Marketing activities in Alpharetta, GA.
The intern’s primary responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Provide support for Americas management team regarding communications, strategy implementation, and employee engagement activities.
- Design and manage SharePoint, Wiki, internal social media, and other communications channels within Siemens network.
- Design and develop, in coordination with the employee engagement team, internal communications and employee event materials and strategy.
- Interface with other local and global departments to coordinate regional-aligned strategies and deliverables.
- Research, develop, and deploy marketing materials and strategies for IT products, services, and innovations to Siemens business.
- Research and prepare proposals for management.
- Present to management, oral and/or written, reports and proposals covering research topics. The job has many opportunities only bounded by your demonstrated abilities
Required Knowledge, Skills and Education:
- Ability to facilitate in-person and virtual meetings
- Draft and develop presentations and documentation for management
- Good understanding of IT Technologies
- Ability to work effectively with multinational and diverse group and demonstrate leadership skills
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize a variety of concurrent activities
- Self-Starter with good time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal & written)
- Must have proficient working knowledge of applications of Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and must have basic knowledge of SharePoint or other collaboration software.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Education
- Exposure to business process analysis and design is a plus
- Ability to speak German, Spanish, or Portuguese is an asset.
Candidates may be requested to provide examples of PowerPoint presentations and written work.
Internship Start Date: Summer 2021
- Overall Cumulative GPA: 3.0 preferred, but may consider 2.5 and above
- Education: Current rising junior or senior undergraduate students pursuing a BA/BS, Masters or MBA student
- Majors: Communications, Marketing, Business Administration, International Affairs
- Work Authorization: Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week from May to August
Our Culture: At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Information Technology
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.