US Cybersecurity is responsible for enterprise Cybersecurity governance and strategy, facilitating a holistic approach for ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information assets, and the security of our products and solutions. Our team serves as a trusted advisor and partner to the U.S. Operating Companies (Smart Infrastructure (“SI") and Digital Industries (“DI"), Corporate Core functions (Human Resources, Legal / Compliance, Accounting / Finance) and other key stakeholders. As a part of the global cybersecurity ecosystem at Siemens, we work closely with our colleagues around the world to help ensure Siemens stays secure.
Siemens Corp., Cybersecurity (RC-US CYS) organization is seeking qualified intern candidates to support its regional Cybersecurity Governance activities in Alpharetta, GA or Washington, DC location
The employee responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Learning foundational information protection / cybersecurity concepts.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to understand how we maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of our digital assets and systems.
- Support the evaluation of new technologies to identify potential cybersecurity risks.
- Support the communication of cybersecurity best practices and risk mitigation measures by creating influential content for our year long cybersecurity awareness program.
Other potential duties:
- Participate in virtual meetings.
- Draft and develop presentations and documentation for management.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Education:
- Passion and basic understanding of Cybersecurity and / or Enterprise IT.
- Ability to work effectively with multinational and diverse group and demonstrate leadership skills.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize a variety of concurrent activities.
- Self-Starter with good Time Management skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal & written).
- Must have proficient working knowledge of applications of Microsoft Office package (Visio, Word, Excel, Outlook, and Project) and must have basic knowledge of SharePoint or other collaboration software.
- Ability to share some examples of critical thinking used to maintain a big picture of the topics under discussion or for issue resolution of high-impact, complex issues.
- Show examples of effective PowerPoint presentations and written work in Word and the ability to do research utilizing Internet resources.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Education
- Exposure to business process analysis and design is a plus.
- Prior interning experience in a Risk Management / Audit function is a plus.
- Exposure to process automation and coding is a plus but not required (e.g., Python).
- Exposure to basic cybersecurity vulnerability testing techniques is a plus but not required (e.g., penetration testing).
Internship Start Date: Summer 2021
- Overall Cumulative GPA: 3.0 preferred, but may consider 2.5 and above
- Education: Current rising junior or senior undergraduate students pursuing a BA/BS, Masters or MBA student
- Majors: Cybersecurity, Management Information Systems, Computer Science
- Work Authorization: Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week from May to August
Our Culture: At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Information Technology
Company: Siemens Corporation
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.