Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
Siemens Energy is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. Siemens Energy comprises broad proficiencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Energy has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.Accompaniment, Advice, Action
Siemens power transformer network comprises of state-of-the-art facilities producing world-class large power transformers and shunt reactors in several global sites. Our engineering professionals help build design and developments for further getting converted to into real products. Our design engineers create engineering information for global sites while using accurate engineering principles and application of transformer design rules. Are you interested in creating designs, developing practical solutions and deliver excellent quality with focus on timely delivery as an active designer in a collaborative environment? Join our team and expand your own horizon.We make real what matters. This is your role
Perform mechanical design, development and analysis of the tank and externals of transformers and shunt reactors and its sub-assemblies & components
Use 2D and 3D software to model designs and individual parts to support the generation of engineering drawings and bills of material
Learn transformer design rules and use of transformer design calculation tools for engineering calculation and design creation
Collaborate on R&D projects for further product improvements
Efficient communication among engineering departments of multiple global sitesWe don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in mechanical engineering preferred, other engineering degrees can be considered with applicable experience in mechanical design.
- You’ve 6-8 years working experience as a design engineer (or related roles)
- You’ve outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated to produce high quality results within the time allocated, with limited supervision
- Advanced user of 3D CAD software (eg. CREO/PROe/Inventor/UG), PDM Link/Teamcenter, 2D CAD (eg. AUTOCAD) and software tools to build Bill of materials like SAP and CADIM
- Able to perform mechanical simulations like structural, seismic, CFD (eg. using ANSYS)
- Proficiency in mathematical calculation tools like MathCAD and office tools like MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS SharePoint etc.
- Experience of working in a design center providing engineering services to global clients is added advantage
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens?
This role is based in Kalwa, Navi Mumbai but you’ll also get to visit other locations in different countries, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time