The Scientist will be located in Mishawaka, Indiana as a member of the Organic Chemistry Group (OCG). The position is in a Manufacturing group that is responsible for producing reagents and components for multiple diagnostic assays.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes routine preparation and synthesis of various chemicals used in a variety of medical diagnostic products following established work instructions
- Performs routine synthesis of raw materials, in process, residual, finished product, and stability testing within the framework of site policies, departmental procedures, and cGMP regulations
- Obtains, correlates, and analyzes technical information needed to accomplish tasks
- Completes the preparation of reports, charts, graphs, and other documents and advises senior staff
- Sets up, calibrates, operates, and performs simple maintenance of laboratory equipment
· Continues development of practical laboratory skills, and a thorough knowledge of chemistry theories, analytical techniques, and site procedures.
· Performs/assists in the execution of protocols, method transfers and validation studies as assigned.
· Able to use standard laboratory equipment ie. pH meter, melting point apparatus, etc.
· Demonstrated experience in synthetic organic chemistry and analytical chemistry strongly preferred.
· Strong computer skills
· Ability to work as part of a team
· Must be detail oriented and highly organized
· Must be able to communicate effectively with external and internal customers
· Must recognize the underlying basis for regulations and rules and act in accordance
· proficient in time management, possess well developed interpersonal skills, demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, and exhibit attention to detail
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· BS in Chemistry is a minimum
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience or Master’s Degree prepared
- Advanced Organic Chemistry with associated Laboratory
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.