Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
In this role, you will be developing Siemens’ next-generation building web applications.
Top 2 Critical Skills We Are Seeking
- Experience designing and implementing Angular web applications
- Ability to collaborate in international, multi-site development in an agile environment
What We Ask of You
- Proficient in design, implementation, testing, troubleshooting, and enhancing software applications for large building automation systems.
- Collaborate with product management and senior architects to understand and elaborate market requirements to propose and implement product designs.
- Contribute and review software methodologies for product design and model documentation.
- Advanced understanding of quality attributes and their impact on software products, design, and development.
- Collaborate and contribute in international, multi-site development in an agile environment.
- Consume and contribute back to inner-source components
- Develop and run automated tests for verifying system application functionality using an appropriate language or platform.
- Create and review technical documentation for internal process and external customer support.
- Participate and propose design alternatives via prototyping, pair programming and expert reviews.
- Passionate and self-motivated to learn and keen to constantly improve and develop skills to stay current with technology.
- Participate in resolution of field problems in application of existing products based on thorough system impact analysis.
- Ensure that secure coding practices are followed
- Drive CI/CD improvements
- Some travel may be required (~10%)
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or advanced degree, where required.
- 3+ years developing web applications
- 2+ years building Angular 2/4/5/6/7/8 apps
- Solid knowledge of virtualization technologies and platforms
- Power user knowledge of modern operating systems and IT networks/infrastructure
- Strong communication and collaboration skills in global setup
- Passionate and self-motivated to learn and keen to constantly improve and develop skills to stay current with technology
- Successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.