Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Siemens Smart Infrastructure develops, manufactures, and installs provides intelligent systems (e.g., fire alarm) for high-profile construction and infrastructure projects nationally (airports, pharmaceutical plants, data centers, stadiums, universities, military bases, hospitals, etc.).
The Project Advocacy Lead (PAL) is responsible to independently and proactively oversee and advocate Siemens’ interests in disputes that often arise on such projects. These typically include claims for additional compensation, by and against Siemens, claims for delay damages, and defective workmanship claims. The PAL provides oversight on projects, advises Project teams on strategy, plans, manages and undertakes communications with relevant parties (customer, subcontractor, consultants, counsel, etc.). Siemens engages with leaders in construction, government and industry, and this position demands performance at the highest level.
- Monitor large / complex claims for key accounts. Contributes on a regular basis to claim issues strategies and best practices including formal and informal training of project teams.
- Administers processes for proper resolution of “small” claims by local offices.
- Review and advocate new claims on designated projects for reporting and establishment of an effective plan of action.
- Mentor and manage Project Advocates in carrying out objectives for program.
- Administer processes to promote early identification of potential disputes.
- Undertake early review and assessment of potential disputed matters.
- Engage, advise and coordinate among internal groups to optimize project outcomes.
- Ensure timely follow up of key issues.
- Attend and facilitate customer meetings, claim reviews and vendor visits to ensure an efficient and favorable resolution to open claims.
- Review claim status and plan of action and consider effect on Siemens costs. Monitor claims and total incurred costs using claim management systems.
- Keep all parties informed of the status of the claim strategy, negotiations, and any impending issues.
- May play a role in the business development effort, including participating in new business meetings.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, construction management, business or public administration, law, or other related field. Master’s degree highly preferred.
- Claims management experience specific to the construction industry; law firm, 7 + years preferred
- Expertise in contract and government procurement law
- Familiarity with commercial litigation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent analytical, negotiation and organizational skills; ability to multi-task and shift focus as priorities change
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.