Who designs your future? You do. Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens! Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive and responsible environments – and so, we are creating perfect places. We’re looking to empower people wanting to tackle the challenges facing society and who want to make real what matters most. Think this is you?
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
National Sales Manager - Siemens Security Smart Buildings is responsible for supporting the RSS AM Region in working to drive the sale of Siemens Security products through the Branch office structure. This position will develop close collaboration and relationships with the field sales, operations teams, Smart Building team, Siemens Federal and Vertical Market Teams to increase the sale and use of Siemens Security products as well as ancillary products by customers. The position will also work closely with the Portfolio team to provide Voice of the Customer feedback to the product development teams as well as review/provide feedback on product roadmaps and development priorities. The position will also assist the Security Segment Head with other initiatives as required.
- Provide security sales technical expertise in early involvement with target customers to influence their specifications and drive the acceptance of Siemens security products and solutions.
- Work across multiple Siemens divisions and business units to promote and develop sales opportunities for Siemens complete security software portfolio.
- Coordinate sales support activities to facilitate Siemens security product offerings
- As needed, assist in reviewing bids to ensure accuracy and appropriate method to meet company and customer objectives using Siemens security products
- Assist the sales and operations organization in identifying resources and assessing future potential business. Participate in selling to large/key accounts as needed
- Support the organization by networking with Zones, Branches, and Corporate Headquarters to increase knowledge of offerings, and creating opportunities for employees to do the same
- Provide support to the organization by attending customer meetings with sales personnel when needed to drive Siemens security products
- Provide input for best practice work and encourage employees to incorporate Siemens security products into projects
- Identify market opportunities and develop strategies to maximize the impact to Smart Infrastructure sales teams
- Participate in the development of long-range sales planning and growth strategies around Siemens security products and initiatives
- Be a resource to sales employees regarding Siemens Security products as well as Smart Infrastructure products, applications and services
- Drive increase in Siemens specification rate for the security products by participating with the field to call on and supporting Architects, Consultants, Electrical Contractors and General Contractors as well as End Users
- Be aware of competitor products/services and assess product positioning to maximize achievement of business goals
- Provide feedback on new products and assess product positioning to maximize achievement of business goals
- Maintain ongoing contacts with large/key accounts and consider these customers’ needs relative to new product development
- Maintain security trade contacts and participate in functions in industry associations in accordance with Siemens policy
- Represent at trade shows, exhibitions, customer events and demonstrations.
- Be a resource and sounding board for the Siemens Portfolio team and assist in development and rollout of programs for the field organization
- Provide assistance to the Security segment head on initiatives as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, technical field or other related business or Security related field
- 10+ years of security industry experience with strong external, customer focus and executive level engagement. Comprehensive knowledge of the security markets is a must.
- Strong technical understanding of security systems, products, services, design, and knowledge of the construction industry
- Demonstrated negotiating skills, conflict management skill, accountability, and having the ability to work through others as required
- Strong understanding of customer business and drivers
- Possess persuasive presentation and effective communication skills (written and verbal), motivation and creativity to develop dynamic solutions to unique customer opportunities
- Above average Excel, Powerpoint and IT knowledge are preferred
- Must be willing to travel 60%
- Experience working in security sales, sales management or lead technical sales capacity is preferred.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.