Mendix is on a mission to enable anyone in any organization – from the marketing coordinator to the software developer to the CEO – to create things that are transformational for their company. We are fundamentally reinventing the way applications are created and we’re reinventing the future of software development. Sounds ambitious, right? We agree.
Not to brag, but nearly 4,000 organizations worldwide, including KLM, Medtronic, Merck, and Philips, rely on Mendix to build web and mobile applications. Thousands of our customers use our platform to delight their clients and empower their employees. It’s no surprise that we’re a recognized Leader by Gartner and Forrester in a red-hot market expected to exceed $21 billion by 2022. Ok, maybe we did want to brag a little. But we’re proud of what we’ve accomplished…and…we’re humble enough to admit that we need you to make us even more effective.
The Position: Product Marketing Manager
We're investing in Marketing to accelerate our momentum and extend our market leadership. We are looking for a dynamic, creative, and results-oriented Product Marketing Manager who has experience engaging the enterprise IT community. Come join us and help IT leaders uncover the value of using the industry leading low code application development platform.
· Messaging, positioning, and creating marketing content that demonstrates differentiation compared to market competitors
· Working closely with product management to bring the voice of the market to product planning and acting as a product expert externally with the field, prospects and customers.
· Developing and collaborating on go-to-market strategies to engage IT leaders at the forefront of businesses driving innovation via multi-channel apps.
· Developing thought leadership messaging and campaign content
· Communicating the Mendix value proposition to the sales team and developing sales tools that leverage our insights as a unique solution differentiator
· Working on programs that attract and expand the IT leader audience
· Collaborating with Campaign and Content teams to ensure that the campaigns being built and launched are well connected - from initial messaging to the underlying campaign tactics and field execution
· Engaging with industry analysts to gain market insights and to convey the Mendix value proposition and success with our customer community
· Continuously monitoring, analyzing, creating, and sharing responses to market developments, customer behavior and competitor's activities
Required Education and Experience:
· Bachelor's Degree
· 6+ years of Product Marketing, Product Management, Presales, or Industry Marketing experience
· Strong knowledge of agile application development methodologies, application lifecycle management, DevOps and modern application frameworks.
· Good understanding of the aPaaS/PaaS and cloud market and technology space.
· Excellent communications and interpersonal skills and an ability to help customers find the right solution (not the obvious/easy one).
· A proven history of growing revenue through Product Marketing for both new and mature product lines
· Situational fluency, ability to influence and motivate others, and perseverance to handle challenging business situations
· Bonus: Hands-on Knowledge and experience in mobile/web application development
Our Guiding Principles
While we live on different continents, speak different languages, and work on different things, we are bound by our “MendixBlue” guiding principles. Being “MendixBlue” means that you live the culture, and you consistently improve it as we grow. It’s kind of a big deal.
We put the customer first. Without our customers, we have no business. So, if you act in the best interest of our customers, always…you belong here.
We think big. We work to have a meaningful, lasting impact on the world. So, if you aim high and think long term…you belong here.
We innovate. We want to be what happens next. So, if you ask “what if?” and work to find a way or make one…you belong here.
We nurture talent. We look, not just at the sum of what an individual has done, but at the potential of who they can be. So, if you’re up for learning from your failures…you belong here.
We hear every voice. Inflated egos don’t last here, humility does. So, if you share credit and ensure that the best ideas win – regardless of who they come from…you belong here.
We own it. If something needs doing, we do it. So, if you focus on the outcome, and take initiative to get it done…you belong here.
We have fun. We use laughter as a common language. We can ask for help and we’re happy to give it. So, if you find joy and purpose in what you do…you belong here.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But you’ll find one at Mendix. We are at a pivotal time in our company’s existence: where rapid growth meets stable funding. This is the time for industrious people to raise their hands to solve the next generation of problems. Mendix is a place where ambitious people can thrive; where you can identify an issue, propose a solution, and build the structure to make it happen.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means we’re backed by the resources and stability of one of the world’s largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim has been to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. That’s why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. With offices in the Netherlands, the UK, Germany, and the US, (and more coming), we provide an international playground to truly impact the world through low-code.