During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and well-being of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly growing and constantly innovating Electronic Design Automation (EDA) industry? Do you enjoy working with cutting edge technology and solving the most ambitious and demanding problems of the new decade? Are you interested in working across a range of areas from application engineering support and management, verification and validation of complex semiconductor ICs, system testing, and beyond?
If so, then this could be the role for you, we are currently look to expand our dedicated team by recruiting for an Application Engineer HAV Emulation!
With a long term legacy of success, innovation and customer awards, we are the world's largest provider of Digital Software to the semiconductor industry. We enable companies to develop better electronic products faster and more cost-effectively. Our innovative products and solutions help engineers conquer design challenges in the increasingly complex worlds of board and chip design. We have a unique company culture.
With its corporate headquarters in market dominance in the Americas and other continents around the world, we value ethical action in all of our endeavors. Integrity is a critical component of who we are and what we do. We also value truthful communication. We strive to build unquestioning relationships with our employees, customers, and partners which have a positive influence in creating winning results. Recognition for individual and team achievement at Mentor is regularly awarded. We never forget that it's the hard work and dedication of our people that wins our company recognition with our customers and within our industry. Working for will be working for the leader in its class. Our employees are self-motivated and have come to expect competent leadership from our managers and executives!Job Description:
This Applications Engineer (AE) position delivers technical expertise for Hardware Accelerated Verification (HAV) of digital chip designs based on Mentor’s emulation and FPGA prototyping products and services. It provides support for both pre-sales and post-sales assessment of customer needs as well as quick implementation/execution of the solution. You'll work on cutting edge technology working side by side with our customers in close collaboration with R&D and marketing in a multi-functional, interdependent environment. This is an ideal position for candidates who like to strategize, get along with and influence others, possess strong design and/or verification background, requiring both in depth knowledge of HDL and HVL, as well as strong scripting skills for writing test programs and tooling to meet customer needs.Responsibilities:
- Help drive business for Mentor Graphics using hands-on technical expertise
- Provide technical leadership in the sales and support of our Hardware Assisted Verification technologies for our leading edge customers
- Become a trusted advisor to customer's business problems and eventually earns the trust to influence customer's decision process and business objectives
- Articulate customer’s technical needs and requirements to product engineering, influence and shape product direction
- Perform assessments of customer environments and requirements, providing guidance on topics such as: Simulation acceleration, Test bench development using SV/UVM methodologies, Advance Functional verification and modeling emulation and FPGA platform, Coverage analysis, RTL/Gate-simulations and other flow/infrastructure development and testing
- Accountable for the strategy creation, uncovering, scoping, and technical validity of the solutions to achieve the customer's design and verification objectives
- Keeps other technical peers (country wide) informed of new and emerging technologies, share standard methodologies and information
- Provide feedback and product ideas to our emulation product development teams
- Solve and remove technical obstacles
- Expand or modify the product development directions of engineering based on those solutions to improve work flow
- Develop a network of technical relationships at a peer-to-peer level.
- BS in electrical, computer or electronics engineering, computer science, or equivalent discipline with validated years experience
- MS in electrical or computer engineering, computer science.
- Experience in a design engineering role focusing on functional verification; including emulation and simulation, or recent experience as an Applications Engineer in a relevant field.
- Chip/ASIC design or verification experience - knowledge of SystemVerilog/Verilog/VHDL language, RTL, behavioral coding and general ASIC debug.
- Previous experience with industry emulation solutions, as well as simulation environments using Questa, NCSim, VCS, or UVM Knowledge of Transaction Level Modeling and methodologies would be beneficial.
- Willing to travel to drive business engagements as required
- Ability to work in a fast paced, results oriented, team environment
- Positive demeanour and good communication skills
We proud ourselves of having built a flat organizational structure, work on exciting and ambitious projects for world-class clients and provide exciting career prospects.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package, generous holiday allowance and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please let us know in your application.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (UK) Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time