At the dawn of the outbreak of global Electrical Vehicle market, the Business Unit, Siemens Distribution Systems, has setup a global R&D team to develop EV charging portfolio. The firmware engineer will be responsible for EVSE related firmware design, coding and validation to meet global EVSE product
What are my responsibilities?
• To be responsible for the firmware design of EVSE products based on the clarification to
customer requirement and use cases
• Follow product requirement, define firmware engineering specification and validation plan.
• To be responsible for firmware concept design, detail design and validation. Complete design
reviews to meet project schedule.
• To be responsible for firmware design change and support related departments to implement and
make sure the products are updated timely.
• To be responsible for firmware design to support hardware debug, validation, certification,
ICT/FCT/EOL FT development and RCA.
• Support business team in technical clarification with customers during RFI and RFQ.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
• Bachelor or master degree major In electronic, computer or automation science or
equivalent; More than 5 years of working experience at firmware design related work;
• Strong programming and debugging skills C/C++ language and strong ability to fix C/C++
• Solid experience on system requirement analysis. Familiar with UML is an advantage;
• Solid experience for code source version management. e.g. ClearCase, SVN will be advantage; • Solid experience on 8/16/32 bits micro controller and relative peripheral interface application
• Familiar with embedded Linux, RTOS, BSP and device drivers (e.g. USB, UART, GPIO, I2C, or memory).
• Familiar with different communication technology (e.g. CAN, PLC, Ethernet, BLE, Wi-Fi, ZigBee, 4G );
• Prior working experience on terminal power distribution product (e.g. RCD, over voltage
protection) development is an advantage;
• Experience on power converter (AC/DC, DC/DC) firmware development is an advantage;
• Experience on AC/DC wallbox firmware development is an advantage;
• Familiar with TCP/IP or other data protocols is an advantage (e.g. OCPP, SEP 2.0);
• Experience on Labview is an advantage;
• Experience on FPGA is an advantage;
• Experience on signal processing and Matlab is an advantage;
• Experience in automotive industry is an advantage;
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, good verbal and written English and Chinese, CET4 above. Be
adaptive to conference call during night time with global teams;
• Self-motivated and capable of working independently on extended assignments. Excellent team
player. Quick learner and keen problem solver;
Siemens, we value diversity as the inclusion of and collaboration of different
thinking, background, experience, expertise and individual qualities across all
organization levels and dimensions. We encourage and support our employees to
develop their personal skills and strengths, regardless of gender identity,
nationality, age, religious beliefs etc. We believe diversity strengthens our
innovative capacity, unleashes the potential of Siemens’ employees and thereby
directly contributes to our business success.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Ltd., China
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time