Role: GDN IES Consultant
Job Location: India
The Wire Harness Consultant will be a member of the GDN Integrated Electrical Solutions (IES) team. The consultant will work alongside customers to specify, implement and deploy harness design and manufacturing processes, ensuring a successful outcome by leveraging the strengths of our broad IES product portfolio. Whilst many of our customers today belong to the Transportation Industry and Automotive/Military Aerospace domains, you will be required to define and implement solutions for a variety of industries.
- Engage with customers to deploy the Mentor Graphics Capital tools for electrical system design and manufacturing
- Work with customers and technical sales resources to define and document recommended deployment plans based around achievable successful outcomes
- Execute and manage deployment projects at customer site according to agreed-upon deployment plan with constant communication and coordination with all stakeholders
- Deliver technical workshops as determined in deployment projects
- Configure the Capital tools to support customer’s requirements
- Provide some basic customization to meet customer requirements using the product API. Alternatively, detail requirements to enable other programming resources
- Providing technical assistance to customers including technical problem solving
- Support maturity of GDN IES Practice and maturity of GDN IES Standard Offsite Services including maturity of Standard Offsite service assets.
- Work to continuously improve the experience for our customers through service improvement initiatives.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ year of Professional Services experience in Service Delivery of Integrated Electrical Systems Solution using principles, practices and techniques of wire harness design and manufacturing processes, including understanding of key issues faced by customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or a similar field of study
- Deep understanding of wire harness design flow from diagram capture through manufacturing delivery. Understanding of how product life cycle and product data management systems have managed this process and associated data a plus.
- Strong background and experience of wire harness design tools ideally Mentor Graphics Capital or similar
- Experience in IES related technologies and platforms, and knowledge of key trends in IES software solution deployments
- Hands-on experience in Programming (Preferably Java) and Plugin development
- Candidate must be self-motivated and able to work independently but collaboratively and be able to thrive in a fast-paced and evolving product and technical environment.
- Understand/write English technical documents (Business level)
- Team and project management skills
- Proven ability to effectively communicate with multiple stakeholders to define and drive priorities among and within projects
- Ability to synthesize and formulate broad, high-level functional requirements into concrete solution specifications
- Strong customer interaction, technical communication, and presentation skills
· Experience of implementing of Electrical Wire Harness Solution solutions for a variety of industries (preferably Automotive Industry)
· Experience with enterprise level business and implementations
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience with IES tools – ideally Mentor Graphics Capital
- Exposure to Programming tools – ideally Java, Data Structures, OOAD, Swing/FX, SQL, Web Services & knowledge of ‘Capital API’
- Experience with PLM tools - ideally Siemens Teamcenter
- Experience with CAD tools – ideally NX, CATIA, CREO etc.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software (India) Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time