At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens Advanta Consulting is the global management consultancy within one of the world’s most innovative engineering and technology companies. We help clients navigate through their unique digitalization journey – from strategy to operations to large scale digital transformation.
We support our global clients in mastering the entrepreneurial and societal challenges of the 21st century. Our focus verticals include manufacturing, automotive and new mobility, smart infrastructure including smart buildings, and utilities. We are deeply credible within these verticals based on our industrial DNA built over our 173-year history.
Siemens Advanta Consulting seeks to hire an Associate Vice President to join its US leadership team. Priorities for this role include growing revenue through business development, serving as engagement delivery partner, building the practice and key offerings, growing the Advanta Consulting brand and serving as people manager for his/her team. This position will report to the VP/Partner of Siemens Advanta Digital Consulting.
The location in the US is flexible with a preference for major US metropolitan areas (e.g. Atlanta, Orlando, Detroit, Chicago, Houston, NY, Boston, etc.).
Engagement Delivery Partner – serving as the accountable executive responsible for delivery excellence of complex international projects, managing the team of project consultants, managing executive level clients during delivery.
- Practice and Offering Development – building and enhancing offerings and associated methods, promoting the Advanta Consulting brand
- People Manager – serving as people manager for a team of consultants, including advancing the competencies of the team
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
We are looking for candidates with at least 10 years of management consulting experience and expertise in the Discrete Manufacturing industry.
Experience must include selling and delivery of Digital Transformation and IIOT projects.
This individual will convince with gravitas, have an inclusive leadership style, a demonstrated record of thought leadership, and an impact/implementation orientation. This individual will demonstrate the vision, business acumen and credibility required to consult client executives on a peer-to-peer level. Business development is a critical element of this role and will be the immediate priority.
To further elaborate the performance and personal competencies required for the position, we highlight the following:
- Industry Knowledge: We are seeking candidates with expertise in the discrete manufacturing vertical – e.g. Automotive, Machine Builders, Industrial Manufacturers
- Consulting expertise: The successful candidate will possess a proven track record in management consulting, including demonstrating insights, expertise and thought leadership. It is expected that this individual will come from - or is an alumnus from - a tier-one strategy consulting firm with respective analytical skills and conceptual thinking. S/he will also be a “business builder” with experience building practices within consulting firms or commercial businesses.
- International experience: The individual will have gained broad experience in serving international clients and leading complex international projects. We seek experience of having led diverse consulting teams across multiple locations with a priority on US and North American territories.
- Leading teams: A proven track record of hiring, developing, staffing and leading high performing, content rich and diverse teams will be critical.
- Setting strategy: The successful candidate will have a clear and compelling perspective of where s/he would like to take the Advanta Consulting business within discrete manufacturing. S/he will also have the ability to assess the competitive landscape and influence strategies for growth.
- Building relationships and using influence: S/he will need to have executive gravitas, energy and impact so that s/he will build and grow the brand internally and externally. We seek an inclusive, team-oriented and collaborative leadership style. The successful candidate will need the finesse and sophistication of working within a complex, matrixed environment
- Customer relationships. The candidate should bring an existing, senior-level client base that potentially can be leveraged.
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.