At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: SISW - Siemens EDA
Job Title: Software Development Engineer C++ / Linux – EDA – SISW - 226316
Job Location: Fremont, CA
Job Category: R&D Software Engineering
The Software Development Engineer required for the R&D team to perform the following:
- Development and optimization of advanced functionalities for next generation Calibre Cluster Management system
- Design, develop and optimize complete software systems using scientific analysis
- Modify existing software to correct critical errors in real customer designs.
- Conduct experiments and analyze large data to measure and improve performance of algorithms by incorporating accurate heuristics
- Interact with other teams like marketing and customer support to obtain information on functional requirements and priorities for new features
- Interact with team leads and other engineers to obtain information on project limitations and capabilities, performance requirements and interfaces.
- Conceptualize projects and functional specifications based on feasibility of design within time and cost constraints
- Interact with QA to develop feature specific testing and validation procedures to ensure quality of results
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- BS/MS. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related discipline or equivalent.
- Experience in Database, Webpage User Interface development, and scripting languages (Perl, Python or TCL) required.
- Programming experience in C++ on UNIX and/or LINUX platforms with experience developing large software systems is required.
- Experience with developing high performance, multi-threaded and distributed software is preferred.
- Expertise in various software development tools like debuggers (gdb), version management (CVS), software quality enhancement tools (valgrind, purify, quantify) etc. is preferred.
- Strong background in algorithms and data structures, mathematics, statistics and data analysis is required.
- Must have a strong ability to learn and explore new technologies and be able to demonstrate good analysis and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with different engineers from other group is also required.
- Self-motivation, self-discipline, the ability to setup personal goals and work independently in a dynamic environment are the key success factors for this position.
- Previous experience in EDA, hierarchy management, and large scale system is preferred.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.