Platform Engineering Manager
Home Office: Cincinnati, OH
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
We are looking for an experienced Platform Engineering Manager to lead and drive a team redefining the way Siemens DISW uses modern software engineering principles to implement, deploy, support and operate our software business. This role requires someone who has a clear vision of what an excellent engineering platform can do and is passionate about helping teams utilize it.
You must have a track record of leading sophisticated roadmaps and have demonstrated skills in working both inside and outside the organization to coordinate and influence highly technical teams to deliver & promote a flexible and effective platform for our software engineers. Success will be measured by adoption of this platform by other engineering teams inside Siemens, customer happiness (IE: developers), and several operational metrics.
- Enable a strong, cohesive and forward-thinking team of engineers with the context, vision, skills and tools required to succeed.
- Present technical concepts & solutions to internal and external audiences and upper management, persuade and influence others through interpersonal skills.
- Take ownership for the coordination and development of the team-high-level roadmap, striking a balance between feature-forward work, maintaining a reliable platform and paying off technical debt.
- Help drive culture change by providing mentorship and by training agile engineering teams in the adoption of DevOps and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE).
- Proactively and continuously drive platform wide quality improvements enabling development groups to move faster; by analyzing key SLO/SLI metrics as well as enabling and adopting a postmortem culture.
- Develop and implement solutions for non-functional software applications requirements within the engineering platform with an emphasis on leveragability across development teams.
- Understanding and alignment to operational processes ensuring compliance with industry standards (ISO/SOC2) and internal risk management policies.
- 3-4 years proven track record in a technical management role.
- Experience encouraging and developing emerging engineers along with outstanding professionals.
- Hands-on experience with Containers, Kubernetes, and the Cloud-Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) ecosystem, and operating applications at scale within those environments.
- Experience working with and operating in AWS, but also a general understanding of other major cloud vendor ecosystems (GCP, Azure, Alibaba).
- Expert knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery practices (GitLab ecosystem preferred), Site Reliability Engineering, and Agile/Lean processes.
- Experienced in the development of an engineering platform (Iaas/PaaS).
- Desirable to have experience working with applications that have undertaken a microservices transformation.
- Solid understanding of security standard methodologies and common compliance certifications (IE: SOC2, ISO 27001).
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.