About the role:
Siemens is looking for an expert in the areas of computational solid mechanics with an emphasis on leveraging modern numerical techniques to produce fast and efficient solutions on todays and future computer architectures. This position entails developing and deploying production analysis solutions within Siemens PLM solver software programs.
• Design, develop, modify, and implement new Finite Element method solver based on state-of-the-art simulation methodologies and programming techniques with focus on surpassing customer expectations, on achieving high quality and on-time delivery.
• Perform investigation, development and validation of new methods.
• Ensure the overall functional quality of the released product on all required platforms and mechanism.
• Provide input to the technical direction for one area of a product.
• Provide specialized expertise within multiple systems, software disciplines, as well as general knowledge of related disciplines, applications implications, and customer areas.
What is key to be successful?
• Planning and Communication abilities:
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills,
• Work collaboratively in an agile team by defining and planning the work of development, QA and Application engineers
• Communicate a clear understanding of the technology to other teams and customers
• Able to solve complex technical problems in a creative way, yet pragmatic when needed
• Ability to understand complex products, solutions, and problems including complete industrial workflows from Siemens’ customers
• MSc or PhD in Computer Science or Computational Mechanics, or similar
• HPC (High Performance Computing) experience with CPU and GP-GPU hardware will represent an asset.
• 5 years of experience in developing production commercial software. Exceptional entry level candidates will be considered as well.
• Experience in Agile methodologies will be considered as an advantage
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software NV
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time