Siemens Mobility is currently seeking to hire a self-starting Commodity Management Professional for our Traction Drives business in Alpharetta, GA.
Come and be a part of the innovation that delivers 40% of the world's cargo using 75% fewer greenhouse gas emissions than trucks - Rail! In this role, you will drive strategic sourcing and implement commodity strategies to ensure long-term, cost-efficient supply of materials. You will also work closely with Engineering and Research & Development in a high-tech industry to support New Product Introductions and strategic vendor management to keep our business running at top speed.Responsibilities
- Execute procurement strategies based on conducted demand, market and supplier analysis to ensure long term, cost-efficient and reliable on-time supply of materials in the required quality
- Conduct negotiations to acquire the best value with support of Category Management from inter-connected Business Units
- Monitor global markets to build a basis for deciding the optimum sourcing strategy and cooperate with the top suppliers
- Implement and ensure usage of globally defined methods, processes and systems to ensure high process efficiency and process compliance
- Generate, document, and implement savings while monitoring and reporting on relevant KPI's to contribute to the success of the business
- Support Supplier Management processes (qualification, selection, evaluation, development, classification) and update evaluation systems to acquire and develop the top suppliers and ensure transparency and high procurement quality
- Systematically forward all relevant procurement related project information (updated contractual conditions, supplier management data) to advise all project participants of any changes
- Leverage Siemens' U.S. Procurement Network where possible and support close collaboration within Mobility
- Provide support with reporting and data analytics (procurement volume, cost savings, actual vs. forecast) and data maintenance (R4B, ESN codes, monopoly codes)
Encouraged to contribute to, deliver, and complete business processes and / or technology solutions, in a self-managed and target oriented manner, and thus contributes to team results.
- Part quotation and negotiation in alignment with the Strategic Sourcing Commodity Management strategy with heavy use of eSourcing tools (eRfQ, eBid, eAuction).
- Support in contract management using Strategic Sourcing vendor contact management web based tool (SCM Star).
- Support of Strategic Sourcing Events to deliver benefit and savings of total cost of ownership to our business.
Targets are short to medium term (best to be characterized as milestones), and achievements are monitored.Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree Required - Supply Chain, Finance, or Engineering preferred.
- 2-3 years of Supply Chain, Procurement, Purchasing, Operations, Project Management, or Finance experience.
- Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word, & PowerPoint knowledge required. High to advanced Excel skillset required.
- SAP experience required.
Why Siemens? In Addition to An Incredible Career Opportunity, We Offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, & 18 days of PTO to start
- Extensive training along with career development
We seek to hire top talent and provide them with opportunities to earn top dollar. Siemens is a phenomenal place to have a career in an innovative environment. If you're interested in becoming a Commodity Management Professional with Siemens Mobility, we'll offer you the support and career advancement to make it happen!
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.