Who designs your future? You do. Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens! Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive and responsible environments – and so, we are creating perfect places. We’re looking to empower people wanting to tackle the challenges facing society and who want to make real what matters most. Think this is you?
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
We’re hiring a Marketing Communications Specialist to join our team! As a member of the Smart Infrastructure communications team, you will be an individual contributor responsible for the effective planning and implementation of the communications strategy to support the marketing and business objectives of the growing building automation systems and field device products portfolio segments within the Building Products business unit. This role reports to the Communications Head for Regional Solutions & Services.
Includes the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare integrated communication strategies, based on business and marketing plans, as directed for the building automation systems and field device products portfolio segments
- Implement and manage various communication channels that help drive marketing and communication objectives as a part of the complete communications program. (Elements can include, but not limited to, social media, digital communications, tradeshows, advertising, public relations, events, promotions, direct mail, brochures, website, audio-visual productions, etc.)
- Develop content to ensure consistency of message in internal and external communications; e.g. internet, intranet, brochures, advertising, press activities, presentations – working in conjunction with Product Marketing, Media Relations, Demand Generation and Employee Communication teams.
- Solid understanding and consistent implementation of corporate brand guidelines.
- Contribute to and support U.S. messaging, positioning, and communications approach on a project basis.
- Research and communicate Business Unit/Segment success stories, projects, products and innovations.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Business teams to achieve the communication objectives of the Building Products business unit and building automation systems and field device products portfolio segments
- Assist with coordination, execution and follow-up analysis of customer events, webinars and trade shows.
- Execute communication projects as directed and monitor performance metrics
- Domestic Travel 10%
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at a consistent high-quality level. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to research, analyze, plan and execute in the areas of: message development, communications vehicle development and management and communications effectiveness measurement
- Experience communicating around product management, including software and hardware
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and networking skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience working across all communications channels – internal and external – with a strong focus on new digital tools, as well as more traditional communications vehicles.
- Strong attention to detail, budget management and project management skills and experience
- Strong teaming skills including cross-cultural abilities
- Ability to deal effectively with colleagues at all levels of the organization
- Comfortable in an agile environment – ability and flexibility to work under time constraints and adapt to change
- Self-driven and resourceful to achieve goals independently, as well as work well in groups
- Education; Bachelor’s degree in communications/marketing
- Experience: 5-7 years successfully performing the planning, directing, executing and measurement of communications to internal and external stakeholders
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
- Strong organization and project management skills.
- Strong understanding of communications channels and how to apply them effectively
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Solid computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work under time constraints with multiple projects
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans with options
- Matching 401(k)
- Competitive paid time off plan, holidays, and floating holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Company cell phone and laptop
- Extensive product training and professional career development
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available
- Overtime, on-call pay, and company uniform and vehicle for eligible positions
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.