Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2019, which ended on September 30, 2019, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.9 billion and had around 36,800 employees worldwide.
We want to join a Project Engineer (m/f/d) Drives for Rail Vehicles to be part of our rolling stock team located in Madrid.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- You carry out calculations and simulations of the drive system for rail vehicles
- The creation of specifications for the components of the drive system as well as the evaluation of measurement results of neighboring departments is part of your tasks
- You coordinate and carry out developments in the field of drive technology for rail vehicles
- You find solutions and contribute to intellectual properties in corresponding task settings
- You present development results to users, deciders, suppliers and customers
- You play a part in the increase in know-how and exchange technological topics with colleagues
- You are in contact with suppliers in regards technical specifications and requirements to traction systems
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
- You have finished successfully your studies at university (duration > 4 years) in electrical engineering
- You have extended knowledge in the field of drives, drive and inverter technology
- You have physical understanding of limits of transformers and inverters. You are familiar with how equipment from pantograph to tractions motors work together
- You are familiar with simulation tools / - techniques for circuits of power electronics (e.g. Matlab/Simulink)
- Desirable knowledge in SW development (writing/reading code is not needed).
- Analytic methods and review techniques as well as presentation techniques are well known
- You are able to learn and consequently work result and quality oriented
- You have experience in the Railway sector
- You have very good written and spoken English or German skills, additional language skills are an advantage.
Siemens aboga por la igualdad de oportunidades entre mujeres y hombres, así como en la Diversidad como fuente de creatividad e innovación. Contar con diferentes tipos de talento y de experiencias nos hace ser más competitivos y estar mejor preparados para responder con éxito a las demandas de la Sociedad. Por ello, valoramos a las candidatas y a los candidatos que reflejen la Diversidad que disfrutamos en nuestra Compañía y animamos la cobertura de puestos por mujeres y hombres en ocupaciones que se encuentren subrepresentadas.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY, S.L.U.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time