- Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2019, which ended on September 30, 2019, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €8.9 billion and had around 36,800 employees worldwide.
We want to join a Project Engineer (m/f/d) Software Development for Brake Control Systems wiyhin our Rolling stock team located in Madrid.
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
• Our trains accelerate to top speeds of up to 360 km/h - As software developer for our brake control system, you ensure that the vehicles also come to a safe and efficient stop.
• You will develop project-specific software modules for brake control units using a graphical development tool (continuous flowchart), design the software architecture and describe the required software components.
• You plan the software test (developer, component and functional test) and thereby ensure that the quality requirements of all intermediate results in the software development process are met.
• You integrate control unit software on the target platform and document its functionality.
• You support the integration of brake control functions regarding function, hardware and software in a rail vehicle.
• You continuously expand your system knowledge regarding brake control of rail vehicles and increasingly take over interface tasks to increase software quality.
Your qualifications – solid and appropriate
• You have a technical degree in electrical engineering, physics or mechatronics or a comparable field.
• You have experience in the area of structured software development / Preferably railroad industry according to DIN ISO 50128/50657.
• You will quickly familiarize yourself with electrical engineering and know the basics of braking technology in rail traffic.
• You convince with your open manner and approach problems actively and independently.
• In our international environment you communicate confidently in English.
Siemens aboga por la igualdad de oportunidades entre mujeres y hombres, así como en la Diversidad como fuente de creatividad e innovación. Contar con diferentes tipos de talento y de experiencias nos hace ser más competitivos y estar mejor preparados para responder con éxito a las demandas de la Sociedad. Por ello, valoramos a las candidatas y a los candidatos que reflejen la Diversidad que disfrutamos en nuestra Compañía y animamos la cobertura de puestos por mujeres y hombres en ocupaciones que se encuentren subrepresentadas.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY, S.L.U.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time