We are building the energy grid for the future. Can you help us make it a reality? If you're a dynamic sales professional who is passionate about helping your customers improve their business, we have a place for you.
The Siemens Smart-Infrastructures is looking for highly qualified and high-energy Business Development Manager (BDM) for its Center of Competences located in Portugal, acting in a global position on behalf of Siemens AG Headquarters.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for providing momentum and success to support in achieving its strategic plan by shaping market opportunities and our own delivery capability. The role will include:
What part will you play?
· You will drive indirect sales with our regions and work with local and global channel partners. Identifying the right partners and building and maintaining relationship with them will be part of your role.
· You will drive direct sales with our regions and work with end-customers and EPCs, ESCOs, etc. Supporting the regions and systematically addressing the market will be part of your role.
· You will support the development of customer vertical specific offerings that create unique value with our portfolio team
· You will drive the development of sales material that is tailored for specific sales channels and that will help to simplify and speed up the sales process with our marketing team
· You will become part of an international team that is driving the energy transition towards a decentral energy system
What are my responsibilities?
Analysis of emerging Microgrid market opportunities
Develop a high level strategy
Demonstrate attractiveness of emerging market potential
Relevant stakeholder engagement to secure support to invest in opportunities
Planning activity for establishing new clients, identification of target opportunities and working with sales and business units to secure new orders
Develop deep understanding of policy and legislation relevant to emerging market and influence accordingly
Detailed and ongoing market research / analysis (shares, competitors, value chain, customers) to gain insight into market opportunities
Support overall delivery of strategic plan through establishing and maintaining focus on emerging market opportunities in Microgrids associated technologies
Develop and build relationships with key clients and industry / governmental organizations to influence the market accordingly
Develop strong relationships with Siemens HQ to support sales effort and shape the global microgrid strategy of Siemens
Lead and support customer activities for specific opportunities to secure orders
Explore opportunities for alliances/partnerships as appropriate within the industry to strengthen our value propositions
Identify potential acquisition opportunities to strengthen our value proposition
Support the focus on customer satisfaction and repeat business
Engage with other Siemens divisions to develop ‘cross-selling’ opportunities and stronger value propositions to maximize Siemens potential
A flexible way of working: Smartworking;
Activities’ organization guided by performance, where the achievement of objectives and the entrepreneurial spirit are rewarded;
An environment where curiosity is highly appreciated and where we guarantee a continuous training;
Flexible Welfare programs that can be extended to your family
Shareholding plans for the employee;
Health insurance that can be extended to your family;
Professional and extraprofessional accident insurance;
Meal totally paid by the company;
Personal Computer and Smartphone:
Company car (full use)
Engage and support other Siemens regional companies in ramping-up sales competences and to develop market opportunities and stronger value propositions to maximize Siemens potential
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Technical qualification in electrical/electronic engineering preferable and or management studies in strategy / business administration, ideally in the field of renewable energy or decentral energy systems
· You have shown that you are flexible in getting to grips with new subject areas through your employment in various sectors of industry.
· Your minimum 4 years of relevant professional experience have enabled you to acquire knowledge about Microgrid business models, technology and customer verticals.
· Ideally, you have already been able to gain insight into the areas of product as well as system sales.
· You have proven the ability to develop concepts, implement them and monitor success
· A very good knowledge of customer relationship management rounds out your portfolio.
· You can demonstrate intercultural experience through your previous activities.
· Consistent record or capability for account management, forecast, sales process management, and successful reach of quota in a complex sales environment across multiple product lines.
· Demonstrated negotiating skills, conflict management skill, accountability, and having the ability to work though others as required.
· Possess persuasive presentation and effective communications skills (written and verbal), motivation, and creativity to develop dynamic solutions to unique customer opportunities.
· Willingness and flexibility to travel up to 40% of the time, domestically and internationally as required.
· Command of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, for detailed financial analysis and business evaluation with working knowledge of related office suite products required.
· Comprehensive understanding of the Energy Sector (transmission, distribution, supply, retail, etc)
· Good understanding of commercial models within the Energy Sector
· Comprehensive experience and knowledge of the energy sector
· Ability to develop a strong personal network in relevant market area
· Experience of developing complex market opportunities
· Preferable knowledge of energy storage technologies and microgrid applications
· Preferable knowledge of energy service / supply contracts
· Ability to clearly articulate business requirements to maximize emerging market opportunities
· Strategic vision and understanding of the value chain of addressed markets
· Strong leadership skills
· Professional image
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a strong relationship builder
· Business-results oriented
· You are business-fluent in English and Spanish or Portuguese. German is optional.
What else do I need to know
In Siemens Portugal we offer the possibility to integrate a young, dynamic and very multicultural team and to grow within one of the most solid multinational companies operating in the market.
As a leading global engineering and technology services company, Siemens provides innovative solutions to help tackle the world’s major challenges in the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization. That’s why we are always looking for curious, open-minded people, people who dare to ask tough questions. Like every Siemens employee worldwide. Are you in?
If this offer meets your professional aspirations, please send your application.
What can we further offer
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens S.A.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time