Company: SISW - EDA
Job Title: Applications Engineer – SISW - EDA - 227436
Job Location: Fremont, CA
Job Category: Sales
Siemens EDA is looking for a highly capable and dedicated addition to their team. The ground-breaking silicon IP is already changing the way systems and software created around complex SoC devices with multiple heterogeneous processors are debugged.
- Supporting sales with technical inputs to customers
- Supporting sales with design-in
- Supporting customers with development and use of the product
- Answering queries from prospects pre-sales
- Doing demonstrations to customers at shows or events
- Presenting technical seminars & workshops
- Acting as liaison between customer and factory
- Understanding customer requests & ideas; ensuring these are captured and fed back to factory for consideration
- Developing scripts, tools to support demonstrations
- Developing scripts, tools for customer use to help make the product easier to use
- Writing documentation (app notes etc)
Skills & requirements
- BS degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field is required.
- Candidates must have at least 5 years of experience in IC or FPGA Design (Verilog, VHDL)
- Must have good understanding of semiconductors and IC design process and tools.
- Must have experience of programming (C, Python)
- Must have experience with debugging and tools (JTAG / software debug, e.g. Lauterbach or DS5)
- Must be able to use development tools, Linux and IDE (Eclipse)
- Comfortable dealing with customers and presenting technical subjects
- Good communication skills (written & in person)
- Must have good inter-personal skills
- Ideally have some experience with software or web eg setting up support tools or customer portals (Bugzilla, Jira)
- Must be a “self starter” with initiative and capable of managing their own work
- Experience in (and understanding of) verification techniques and methodologies is desirable
- Will involve international travel (25%)
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.