Location: Europe / Preferred Germany
Organization: Siemens EDA
Type: Full time / permanent
Siemens EDA is one of the leading suppliers in the Electronic Design Automation (EDA) industry. As a technology leader, the company offers innovative solutions for electronic hardware and software design.
Join our team as “Functional Verification FAE – EMEA Distribution (m/f/d)”
The Field Application Engineer manages multiple distributor engagements concurrently and must be very effective at customer relationships. This customer interface is not only at the engineering level, but first or second level management. Success involves working as a team with sales, marketing, and R&D organizations. The position is preferably located in Germany however you will be part of a team covering EMEA and consequently should anticipate international travel as needed by the team and requires strong communication skills and an appreciation for the business value delivered by electronic design automation software.
The position owner must align closely with Application Engineers and Account Managers within the distributor’s organization to help them meet and exceed quotas, as they proactively manage customer accounts to success. This also includes account planning and developing solutions to customer problems, marketing materials and go-to-market plans ultimately resulting in revenue.
You’ll drive digital innovation by:
- Working closely with distribution account management and distributors to understand business opportunities, requirements and develop growth strategies
- Illustrating the value Siemens EDA brings to customers by assisting them in their evaluations of Siemens EDA´s FV software with developing and delivering software demonstrations and technical presentations as well as performing benchmark evaluations
- Articulating customer’s technical requirements and influencing product engineering to shape product direction
- Actively participating in out-bound marketing such as trade shows, workshops, seminars, webcasts, European wide FPGA specific events by delivering presentations and representing Siemens EDA
- Building and maintaining ongoing positive relationships with distributors, customers, and factory
- Delivering technical training on new features and product updates to the distribution technical sales team
You’re the innovator we need if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering or related field is required. A Master’s degree is preferred
- Multiple years of experience in electronic design automation
- Experience in supporting software sales, ideally in distribution
- Broad understanding of Functional Verification methodologies and flows (FPGA and IC) and Functional Safety
- Proven ability to map software capabilities to application-specific requirements
- Experience working with competitive (Aldec, Cadence, Synopsys etc.) or Diemens EDS´s FV-software
- Excellent English language skills, other languages preferred
- Strong oral and written communication such as presentation skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Willingness to travel
At Siemens we place a strong emphasis on ensuring that both women and men are equally recognized for their accomplishments and able to develop professionally – including during periods of higher demands in their personal lives. To this end, we have implemented various measures over the last few years to ensure compatibility between family and career.
This includes providing competitive salaries, a team-oriented working environment with a flat organizational structure, exciting and challenging projects for renowned clients and interesting career prospects. In addition, we offer a multitude of developmental opportunities and the possibility of taking advantage of our Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
How do I apply?
We look forward to your application. Please submit your application documents via the button "Apply".
Your contact person is Eva Kaiser, if you wish to discuss any initial questions with our recruitment team.
Siemens support the Program “Jobs ohne Barrieren” initiated by the Bundesministerium für Arbeit und Soziales. We emphasize equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time