The Digital Grid Business Unit of Siemens is the one-stop supplier of sophisticated energy management technology across the entire energy conversion chain and makes it possible to adapt power grids to future demands, through modernization and capability enhancement. Our technology simplifies the control of power grids and ensures an economic, reliable, intelligent, highly available and efficient grid operation.
Digital Grid deliver market solutions that are scalable and compliant with industry standards for interoperability and security. We are making the Digital Grid a reality by partnering with utilities and cities to implement their Digital Grid visions. We have major locations in Minneapolis, MN; Foster City, CA; Schenectady, NY; Houston, TX; and Wendell, NC.
We are looking for the best talent to shape the technology of the future. Come build your career in one of the best companies in the world!
We are seeking a full-time Bid Manager, who will be responsible for managing Siemens responses to complex tenders, unsolicited proposals and related business development documents.
Scope of the Position:
The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for managing the development and submission of individual proposals for our Grid Control business in the hub region from start to finish. Secondarily, the successful candidate will be available to assist in sales activities, such as demonstrations or presentations, on a case-by-case basis.
- Manage proposals, technically and commercially in timely accurate manner.
- Evaluate the requirements of a proposal and develop a plan to deliver.
- Running qualification/kick-off calls with the project team.
- Collaborating with in-house subject matter experts to develop the technical solution.
- Communicating with a wide variety of internal stakeholders to drive deadlines and deliver on schedule.
- Working with partner network to develop bids as a unified team.
- Supporting the ongoing use and maintenance of our proposal software tool.
- Following proposal procedures to develop polished, professional response to our customers.
- Develop the financial workbook with input from stakeholders.
- Coordinate the approval process according to the PM@Siemens guidelines.
- Ensure that the projects are handed over to the project execution team with all relevant documents.
- Gain High Level Functional Understanding of Products offered.
Required Skills / Experience:
- BS in Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience.
- Experience in the design and configuration of utility software solutions.
- Knowledge of the Utility Smart Grid landscape (i.e. Grid Control, Grid Applications, Smart Metering, Consulting).
- Experience in bid management processes.
- Quick learner and initiative driven.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with customers internal/external.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to manage multiple projects under pressure.
Additional Desired Skills:
- Understanding of the Project Management process
- Electrical Utility, Software Vendor or IT industry experience
- Sales and/or business development experience
- Experience with international and cross border projects
Travel requirement estimated at 10%.
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.