Video: MEET US in 2 Minutes!
Let's make the difference together!
Join our team as “Software Engineer (m/f/d) Battery Development” in Erlangen (Germany), Vienna or London.
Siemens Digital Industries Software is seeking a highly motivated, responsible and self-starting engineer to join our Development team. The role is within the Electrochemistry development team within the Physics Department, which itself is part of the larger Product Development organization. This latter team is tasked with providing three full Simcenter STAR-CCM+ releases per year all including meaningful new feature development.
Our teams foster a culture that allows everyone to express their views, be a contributor, and improve professionally. Furthermore, we are expected to be self-sufficient and run without the classical management structure.
We have in practice Agile development methods, and we exemplify core Agile values of transparency, collaboration, acceptance of change, and iterative development!
Your new area of responsibility - challenging and future-oriented
As a member of the development team you will be designing, implementing and testing new features in the theme of battery simulation methods. The idea is to build, extend and maintain new and existing battery simulation related features within SimcenterSTAR-CCM+. To be successful we must have the capacity to interpret requirements and to create development proposals and prototypes which can be shared and further improved with the team.
You will create automated tests within a Java framework to exercise and maintain the quality of new features and ensure comprehensive test coverage of the product.
Other responsibilities include: developing models, taking part in design and code reviews, as well as working to address problems and bugs as reported from other developers and/or customers.
Your qualifications - solid and adequate
- Extensive C++ development experience as part of a medium to large size development team building commercial engineering simulation software. Java experience a plus
- Understanding of electrochemistry physics, in particular those relevant to lithium-ion-battery science. Primarily the solutions are focused at lithium-ion chemistry, but all forms of battery chemistry are encouraged
- Familiarity with the finite volume method, heat transfer and multiphase models
- MS or Ph. D in Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or a related field
- Ability to work, communicate and coordinate within a large geographically distributed development organization
- Ability to independently understand complex problems and devise efficient, robust solutions on multiple platforms (Linux and Windows)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ideally, you should also have experience in the following fields:
- Software development in a commercial environment
- Engineering simulation software experience
- Client/server architectures
- Parallel programming experience
- Java and git
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Siemens Digital Industries (DI) is an innovation leader in automation and digitalization. Closely collaborating with partners and customers, DI drives the digital transformation in the process and discrete industries. With its Digital Enterprise portfolio, DI provides companies of all sizes with an end-to-end set of products, solutions and services to integrate and digitalize the entire value chain. Optimized for the specific needs of each industry, DI’s unique portfolio supports customers to achieve greater productivity and flexibility. DI is constantly adding innovations to its portfolio to integrate cutting-edge future technologies. Siemens Digital Industries has its global headquarters in Nuremberg, Germany, and has around 75,000 employees internationally.
How do I apply?
We look forward to your application! Please use only our career platform, which you can access via "Apply now".
careers-DACH.email@example.com, if you would like to clarify initial questions with our recruiting team. Contact person for this job advertisement is Mr. Markus Kies
We value equal opportunities and welcome applications from people with disabilities.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software GmbH
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time