We at Siemens Mobility are committed to helping our customers globally to succeed in today’s dynamic environment. We are inspired to transform the way things are done – because we want what is best for our people, our customers and ultimately for mankind. While we are invested in engineering excellence – leading-edge transportation technologies and services – we don’t stop there. We are also deeply invested in our worldwide employees with the hearts of pioneers and minds of engineers, highly committed and connected in this industry.
Today, Siemens Mobility, Customer Services in South Africa is looking to hire a Service Sales Specialist to join our team in South Africa, Johannesburg.
What are my responsibilities?
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Plan sales volumes and potential of target customers.
- Provide information via CRM for forecasts and planning.
- Analyze and evaluate markets and needs of potential or existing customers.
- Prepare customer contacts, builds and maintains a customer focused network in order to develop both customer and industry / vertical market expertise systematically.
- Investigate and evaluate specific business opportunities for products / solutions by analyzing mid-term investments of customers in this industry / vertical market.
- Support customers directly in cost/benefits analyses and calculations in order to demonstrate specific advantages of using Siemens products.
- Prepare and negotiates projects and proposals in cooperation with other involved professionals and management.
- Coordinate the realization of assignments, may coordinate and contribute to set up respective product developments, projects or services programs for the customer.
- May act as a point of contact in commercial matters.
- Complete sales and revenue related key reporting.
- Contribute to the development of an After Sales Service that is focused on the customers' needs.
Rail Industry: Advanced Competency Level: Must have good understanding on signaling systems, perway and OHTE
Rolling Stock: Advanced Competency Level: Must have a good understanding of rolling stock components and fleet types.
Must be a self starter, who can work independently and autonomously. Has the ability to meet deadlines and targets and goes beyond what is required within the framework and guidelines. Must be willing to travel at short notice. Must be able to accommodate a home office set-up for remote working.
Willing to accommodate the stringent deadlines and on occasion will need to work overtime which will be compensated as time off.
Must have an EB Drivers License
Sales experience in Signaling, Rolling Stock components and OHTE Infrastructure. AVI (automatic vehicle inspection equipment) sales experience would be advantageous. Knowledge of the rail industry in South Arica is a pre-requisite. Must have 5-10 years General Sales Experience.
B-Tech Electronics/Electrical or Mechanical or IT related Degree or Diploma
Rolling Stock with signaling training would be advantageous.
Customer Focus: Integrating the customer's perspective when setting priorities and taking action
Driving Results: Setting high goals for self and others, consistently trying to meet and exceed them
Influencing: Using effective involvement and persuasion strategies to gain acceptance of ideas and commitment to actions.
Entrepreneurship: Using own understanding of key market drivers to create and seize business opportunities.
Building Networks & Partnerships: Developing and leveraging relationships within/across teams/work groups to achieve results.
Siemens Mobility is an equal opportunities employer. We are strongly committed to diversity within our community and especially welcome applications from South African Citizens of designated groups who may contribute to the Employment Equity within the workplace and further diversification of Ideas.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility (Pty) Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time