What are the job descriptions?
- Early Involvement during sales phase
- Review and monitor the sales funnel in order to ensure the involvement of Procurement. Meet with cross-functional partners and participate in project/sales meetings to provide procurement market and preferred supplier information at an early stage to optimize supplier selection, internal workflows and processes.
- Project Procurement standards
- Establish proper sourcing processes, control all Procurement resources & activities in the project or area of responsibility and inform all involved within Procurement to deliver optimum impact for the business (Procurement plan, target-costing) & Procurement targets and meet requirements relating to budget, availability, and quality. Apply Procurement regulations as per Compliance, organization standards and PM@Siemens.
- Analyze scope of supply, contractual obligations and exactly understand customer's functional needs.
- Identify particular Procurement risks, opportunities, potential changes, claims and market forces during the entire project, together with Commodity Management, to avoid potential damage / exploit potential.
- Provide categorization of prevailing risks at PM040.
- Bid preparation / Contribution to increased hit rate
- Support project calculation with reliable and up-to-data cost data.
- Include (supplier) innovations and preferred supplier/product portfolios that improve Siemens' cost position and/or the customer's benefit.
- Strategy definition and implementation
- Derive Procurement strategies for assigned projects in accordance with Division and BU-wide Procurement strategies and ensure their implementation (in particular pooling or utilization of master contracts), as well as identify solution approaches and improvement potentials to ensure alignment with the strategic Procurement targets as well as overall business strategies.
- Lead contractual and price negotiations and/or support the specialist buyers responsible for particular material fields (in particular those not covered by any Commodity Management) to secure project targets with optimum conditions e.g. Total Cost of Ownership (ToCO). Conduct eSourcing activities on the basis of ANC.
- Contract Management
- Ensure that mitigation of Procurement risks, changes to original scope of supply and potential claims (towards customers and suppliers) are covered in valid contracts. Ensure that contractual obligations towards the customer that must be fulfilled by supplier are covered in a way that mitigates the own risk exposure.
- Project Controlling / Reporting
- Clarify internal indicators for project controlling and compile all relevant information to submit qualified reports (e.g. for the project team, Procurement management). Proactively ensure resources availability, status, transparency and alerting of deviations.
- Supplier Management / Preferred Supplier List
- Establish/apply preferred supplier list, provide supplier information to the project team, conduct supplier qualifications & project-specific supplier evaluations (project evaluations) and supplier development activities. Follow-up with suppliers in regards to NCC costs.
- Knowledge management and documentation
- Be proactive and forward systematically all relevant Procurement information (e.g. updated contractual conditions, Supplier Management data) to keep all project participants and relevant cross-functional partners up to date. Sensitize cross-functional partners for Procurement related practices processes and metrics.
- Ensures compliance and governance requirements within SCM
- Ensures the successful local implementation of standards and regulation within the business procurement organization
What do I need to do to qualify for this role?
- Graduation in Mechanical Engineering or similar qualifications
- Background of power plants preferred
- Korean Speaking and writing skills mandatory
- Min 12 Years of Experience Preferred
- Proven negotiation skills
- Able to communicate with people of all levels.
Organization: Global Business Services
Company: Siemens Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time