The successful candidate will be joining an organisation that enjoys a very strong market position in the UK with over 50% market share in mainline rail signalling and control and a broader portfolio including traffic management, fixed and mobile telecommunications, station management, intermodal solutions, electrification and customer services.
The Head of Sales is responsible for developing and delivering the Sales Strategy for Rail Infrastructure (RI) UKI to maintain and further develop existing market share and drive new sales business for the company, within both the UK and Ireland, playing a key role in delivering the company’s bottom line.
Working closely with the Strategy & Business Development Director, the role holder will drive Regional and cross-Portfolio alignment, ensuring that we present ourselves as one organisation and our clients understand the breadth of our capability and how we can meet their needs.
The Head of Sales will manage and develop the Regional and Portfolio Sales teams, collaborating with peers and the broader business to ensure the business' targets are met.
The position will play a role in our response to the significant opportunity in changing technology (e.g. Digitalisation and systems integration), the move from transactional and product-based, to service-led offerings and the potential for alternative engagement models in response to changing customer needs (e.g. alternative commercial models/financing etc.).
Key Tasks & Accountabilities
- Developing and driving the Sales Strategy to maintain our market leading position, delivering business target achievement and growth
- Leading and developing the Sales teams to ensure Business Development/Sales is a “centre of excellence” within the business, mobilising cross-business capabilities as appropriate
- Driving the business development activities of the RI organisation to deliver the strategy, including aligning with the other key business functions on development of key project opportunities and customer engagement
- Working with the RI Marketing & Communications teams to ensure all strategic and operational marketing activities support the business' growth targets
- Identifying, defining and owning customer relationship mapping and engagement activities, relationships with external bodies, networking opportunities and aligning across the business
- Leading on the process for NPS (net promoter score) analysis and targets to drive positive relationships and customer understanding
- Developing the collation, analysis and communication of customer and market information to enable business intelligence/insight regarding customer and market needs, competitor offerings, new entrants and new business opportunities
- Supporting the development of business plans for new markets, opportunities or product offerings, including exploring internal and external partnering opportunities that strengthen our market proposition
- Working with relevant partners, both inside and outside the organisation to develop opportunities for the financing of Rail Infrastructure projects
- Delivering regular, high quality reporting on regional and portfolio work banks, future pipeline opportunities and forecasting to support business decisions and senior management Sales Strategy meetings
- Developing and maintaining close working relationships with all key functions, including Marketing, Bids & Tendering, Solutions Architects, Digitalisation & Innovation, Regional Delivery and Commercial teams, R&D and Finance
- Leading on customer outcome focused programmes, including Whole Life Value, Efficiencies, Benefits Realisation, Decarbonisation and Sustainability, the cross-RI Technology Strategy, Market Led Proposals, Collaboration/ISO44001 and EDI
Candidate Requirements & Experience
- Product or service proposition business development experience
- Line Management experience
- Degree qualified
- Knowledge of UK & Ireland Railway Market (Customer & Government relationships) and procurement processes (preferred)
- Gravitas to operate at a high level within the customer organisation
- Growth mentality, proactive, forward-thinking
- Leadership and people management skills
- Commercial, results orientated, strategic problem solving & decision making
- Customer focused
- Communication, collaboration and relationship building skills
- Agile & flexible – able to adapt quickly to changing market and internal requirements
- Planning & organisation
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA
, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time