Mendix is on a mission to enable anyone in any organization – from the marketing coordinator to the software developer to the CEO – to create things that are transformational for their company. We are fundamentally reinventing the way applications are created and we’re reinventing the future of software development. Sounds ambitious, right? We agree.
Not to brag, but nearly 4,000 organizations worldwide, including KLM, Medtronic, Merck, and Philips, rely on Mendix to build web and mobile applications. Thousands of our customers use our platform to delight their clients and empower their employees. It’s no surprise that we’re a recognized Leader by Gartner and Forrester in a red-hot market expected to exceed $21 billion by 2022. Ok, maybe we did want to brag a little. But we’re proud of what we’ve accomplished…and…we’re humble enough to admit that we need you to make us even more effective.
Product Marketing Manager - Cloud
Job Summary: As part of a massive investment in marketing to support our market-leading growth, we are looking for a dynamic, creative, and results-oriented Product Marketing Manager. Our ideal candidate is someone whose education and previous experience demonstrate technical acumen, communication, and hands-on curiosity. Traditional product marketing experience is welcome, but not necessary. Successful candidates in the past have come from product management, sales engineering, and services domains.
· Become an expert in market problems, buyer pain, Mendix value, and competitive differentiation of Mendix Cloud products by spending 20% of your time in market.
· Create messaging and positioning that maps Mendix value to pain in our target audiences and articulates offensive differentiation.
· Collaborate closely with Product Management and other Product Marketers to drive market-driven, data-driven strategic product direction.
· Partner with Sales Enablement to ensure sales teams are up-to-date with the latest product updates and releases, as well as the messaging and Sales Plays to support them.
· Influence goals and strategy of Go To Market by acting as an SME within Marketing to support demand generation, lead conversion, PR, and AR stakeholders. Inform Campaign design and execution with industry knowledge and content/asset delivery.
· Engage with Press and Analysts to support team goals for Awareness.
· Prioritize customer outcomes relentlessly and balance diverse stakeholders
1. 5-10 years of relevant professional experience
2. Success working across geographically dispersed teams.
3. Deep knowledge of cloud-based service delivery trends, including DevOps, immutable infrastructure, and cloud-native computing models (containers, serverless)
4. First-hand experience with products such as AWS, Azure, GCP, RedHat OpenShift, Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry, Infrastructure Orchestration (e.g, Puppet, Ansible), and/or CI/CD tools (e.g., Jenkins, GitLab)
5. Exposure to enterprise IT security landscape
6. Maniacal focus on delivery the best possible outcomes for our customers
7. Maniacal focus on market-driven, data-driven decision making
Our Guiding Principles
While we live on different continents, speak different languages, and work on different things, we are bound by our “MendixBlue” guiding principles. Being “MendixBlue” means that you live the culture, and you consistently improve it as we grow. It’s kind of a big deal.
We put the customer first. Without our customers, we have no business. So, if you act in the best interest of our customers, always…you belong here.
We think big. We work to have a meaningful, lasting impact on the world. So, if you aim high and think long term…you belong here.
We innovate. We want to be what happens next. So, if you ask “what if?” and work to find a way or make one…you belong here.
We nurture talent. We look, not just at the sum of what an individual has done, but at the potential of who they can be. So, if you’re up for learning from your failures…you belong here.
We hear every voice. Inflated egos don’t last here, humility does. So, if you share credit and ensure that the best ideas win – regardless of who they come from…you belong here.
We own it. If something needs doing, we do it. So, if you focus on the outcome, and take initiative to get it done…you belong here.
We have fun. We use laughter as a common language. We can ask for help and we’re happy to give it. So, if you find joy and purpose in what you do…you belong here.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But you’ll find one at Mendix. We are at a pivotal time in our company’s existence: where rapid growth meets stable funding. This is the time for industrious people to raise their hands to solve the next generation of problems. Mendix is a place where ambitious people can thrive; where you can identify an issue, propose a solution, and build the structure to make it happen.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means we’re backed by the resources and stability of one of the world’s largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim has been to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. That’s why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. With offices in the Netherlands, the UK, Germany, and the US, (and more coming), we provide an international playground to truly impact the world through low-code.