In the heart of Silicon Valley, recently acquired by Siemens, we are primed for future growth by redefining Smart Buildings. Enlighted is a trailblazer bringing commercial buildings into the IoT — and we’re looking for the brightest minds out there to help drive that transformation. We’re not just a sensor company, but a data and connectivity company with the big mission of helping our customers meet their sustainability challenges while saving both money and time. Our innovative lighting control systems are already delivering energy savings of up to 85% at a large — and growing — number of Fortune 500 companies. But that’s only the beginning. Our IoT platform for smart buildings with our game-changing sensor technology which collects data in real-time, Enlighted is building exciting use cases for our clients.
We have been honored with numerous accolades including 2019 Frost and Sullivan - Best Practices Award, Sapphire Award's Illuminator of the Year and SSL Smart Lighting Project Award, 2018 IoT Global Award, 2018 Cleantech Company of the Year, JPM Securities "Efficient Fifty" and 2017 Technology Headlines Company of the Year.
Enlighted’s mission is to help our customers reach long-range sustainability goals while saving money and increasing efficiency. With our first-in-class sensor and analytics platform, we provide smart energy solutions for commercial environments, saving customers up to 85% in energy costs while improving the comfort of workspaces and the efficiency of the people who work in them.Position Overview
Enlighted is looking for a talented Director of I0T Hardware Devices who can lead the Smart building connected products. Our platform is installed in over 350 million square feet of commercial real estate. You will drive the direction of the Hardware team with your outstanding technical and managerial skills. This hands on role entails significant ownership of our world class Hardware design, ranging from architecture, implementation, validation, and full life cycle ownership.What you will be doing:
- Develop and own the Hardware architecture vision which aligns with the company goals.
- Designing the next generation HW platforms for Enlighted.
- Create and manage new hardware design & sustain current hardware projects
- Lead teams of electrical and mechanical engineers, to ensure that all specified requirements have been verified or validated prior to production launch
- Hands-on work on electrical engineering esp RF antenna. PCB design, Schematic, Layout etc.
- Own prototyping strategy & help advance current prototypes to commercial launch
- Participate in design reviews for validation and verification testing
- Implement standard procedures and practices to meet customer driven deadlines
- Provide technical guidance into product development strategy, as vital
- Work with manufacturing teams to develop and execute manufacturing plans
- Ensure communications with product management, sales, support, and engineering
- System level Integration of digital and RF technologies such as microprocessor, WIFI, BT, Cellular a must etc.
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of product development processes through collaboration with cross functional teams.
- Bachelor's degree must or Master’s preferred in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 9+ years of experience in Hardware product design & 5+ years management experience in building and leading successful engineering teams.
- Extensive experience with PCB Cad tools – Altium. PCB schematic capture, Layout and greber out.
- Previous experience with medium-high volume consumer electronics
- Prior working relationships with China manufacturing
- Domain expert in System integration (EE, ME & RF) and specific domain expertise in either analog, digital or RF circuit
Health/life/vision & dental coverage, a company matching 401K plan, paid time off, sick time off, company holidays off, and company profit sharing.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, marital status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Enlighted, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.