Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference - make it with us
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees.
With us, you can do something significant that benefits society and human progress
Your new role – challenging and future-oriented
- · Sourcing, Negotiations & Procurement of commodities which include Insulators , machined components, Bought out components, Rubber components & other proprietary parts related to High Voltage products ( GIS / AIS etc )
- · To execute Strategic Purchase topics- Procurement activities at individual BU to ensure procurement of items of right quality, quantity at competitive price levels aligned to long term plans within the framework of company guidelines and in line with directives given by Group Leader.
- · Support the implementation of specific strategies like cost reduction, capacity augmentation etc. in line with the planned objectives and goals of individual BU to achieve business targets
- · Material cost Reduction and Control- Identification and expediting cost reduction measures for various products of Disconnectors, Circuit Breakers, GIS with right quality parameters and Delivery reliability.
- · Supplier strategy, Bottom up costing, Negotiation
- · Co-ordination for GVS activities within Siemens networking ( Germany & china )
- · Support for EPIC related activities.
- · Vendor Management - To reevaluate existing vendors & develop alternate sources.
- · Cost optimization & New Vendor Development.
- · Establishing & managing Rate/Frame contracts with the vendors as per the guidelines.
- · Monitoring supplier performance & ensuring on time delivery.
- · Effective use of E-Sourcing , Pooling of commodities.
- · Managing the function as per local and SAG guidelines.
- · Cost negotiation/finalization/QES/Frame Agreements/costing release.
- · Monitoring of contracts with validity dates.
- · Make or Buy decision, localization of parts & sub-assemblies.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
• B.E./B. Tech in Mechanical/ Electrical /Production with 8 to 12 years of relevant experience
• Knowledge of should be costing & process knowledge related to manufacturing.
• Taking initiative in new supplier identification & other cost reduction projects.
• Experience of Participate and lead the negotiations.
• Knowledge of commercial terms & conditions.
• Good Communication and Negotiation Skills
• Knowledge / Hands on experience on cost breakdown. Vendor Development, SRM.
• Understanding of Legal terms and compliance required for contract finalization.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Aurangabad. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time